HP regen - This game is satisfying again :)

The HP regeneration rates are now sublime and befits the action RPG survival game that CE is.
I’m playing CE again. Well done!
Best change you folks have made for a while.

7 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Seems pretty high but eh, I guess it’ll make more people happy than it upsets

2 Likes

Depends how high/good the regen is (again).
When its to much it will be mostly changed anyway, because PvP players will cry again, that people just heal while running away…

But lets hope FC found a good balance finger crossing

I don’t need to bring food with me anymore while doing PvE (for healing, anyways), with 30 VIT you heal to max pretty fast.

The slight delay after taking damage will mean you still need food to rapidly heal if you want to stay in combat in PvP, though it’s fairly similar now to having the old lifeblood spear equipped at all times. Maybe a tad lower. My PC is terrible and I was lagging but it looked like maybe 5 to 6 hp per second

What was the 30 VIT perk before the nerf? Anyone remembers?

And PvE players (like me) will probably be happy about it… But for PvP players. Its hard to say.

They buffed poison and bleed for that. (Damage over time prevents healing).

But you need to know that these things exist in the first place. Just like herbal tea. @Halcyon

1 Like

Does 40 VIT amplify that?

Honestly, not sure. I have 40 VIT. If I get on tonight I’ll respec and see how it looks with just 30. For all we know this is a bug and not intended, since it wasn’t listed in the patch notes anywhere.

Also noticed the bleeding effect duration is way lower now (not sure with perk does that), got in a fight with an entertainer and when she cut me, duration was about 3-4 seconds instead of the previous 15 seconds or so, and it wore off real quick. Not sure this is a good or a bad thing!.

How much Survival did you have?

I noticed this, i feel like i have the lifeblood spear back. The heal is a good amount, HOWEVER, i feel they should put a delay on it. I was in the unamed city and was pretty much tankin a skeletal boss. i was healing as fast as they hurt me. Need to put like a 5 second timer before u start healing.

I’d like to pull @Ignasis in here to provide some feedback on this change, it possible.

1 Like

Well this isn’t good then. It will turn PVE into a button masher.

I have the minimum 30 vitality (+1 from item). I noticed I started healing 3 per second after a few seconds off fighting.

Edit: Sorry about my mistake, I gave vit stats, instead of Survival. Right now I have survival maxed at 50 (yes, modded server).

5 seconds delay is too long. They simply should halt regen during aggro.
In PvP there should be very long duration poisons that halt HP regen indefinitely, until you can cure it with a potion that cripples you at the same time.

@SirDaveWolf
** *Holds a cup of Herbal Tea and pours it on the ground while looking SirDaveWolf in the eyes * **

5 Likes

I was under the impression healing stopped while engaged in fights, but can’t be sure now as Xavier was effectively tanking a boss and regenerating at the same time. I will test that too as soon as I can get in game again. The idea seems good to start with, no regeneration while engaged, only starts after a short cooldown after fights.

I still think people shouldn’t get too excited just yet until we have an official confirmation that this was intended.

4 Likes

I think what he was doing, without being able to test myself yet, was dodging and healing so fast that when he did get hit it was too easily regenerated without fear of death, thus almost like a straight up tanker.

If it is too good to be true, it is probably not intended :smiley:

5 Likes