Keyhole base bannable?

, ,

So as you are most probably aware, there is a sizeable hollowed out natural structure in the Highlands referred to as the keyhole… Now I’ve heard speculation that building there is some how breaching the TOS? It doesn’t block resources or spawns or anything noticeable but an empty structure… I personally do not understand how it could be precieved as bannable , and was just looking for some insight on the topic, preferably a dev who can say yay or nay and explain what exactly it’s violating…

1 Like

In my usage, you can cram a metric crapton of pieces in and around there. Plus any kind of defensive wafering at the slit entrance will earn you a paddlin’. Not my favorite place to build (and I’ll usually either block it or invite allies to take it), but I’ll invoke @droch-aon for his inestimable experience there.

I’m still not seeing what justifies it as a bannable offense… I get there might be people who have been banned for it but what is the actual reasoning? Too many thralls? To much honey combing? What exactly is the issue with building here? Is it just because it’s highly defensable? Why would we not make it a no build zone? I just have alot of questions, because to the naked eye the act of building there alone should be more than allowable as long as you don’t go over board and violate other rules… Location should be monitored by not making it a build able area, or am I just a crazy person here?

Well heres the thing I have seen bases there for years and some are still there. I also have looted alot of bases there from decay. So I dont know if those players got baned or what. Thats all I can tell u.In my opinion if it shows on your screen as a called out name then its a POI don`t build. Good luck

Well since my good friend @Barnes tagged me in. I’ll elaborate on the keyhole.

The place is a great deterrent to purges, if you know how to build for them to not spawn inside.
But in PVP against other players? Well you can’t really make it safe without doing some shady stuff.

What I used to do was hide my loot, make it look like your stuff is obvious and have a bit of trash items and overages so raiders think they got something. But the real loot is hidden.

The problem is the inside is really not that big, so finding a good way to hide things is trial and error.

As for being bannable? After these rule changes? I don’t know.
But I did have an actual FunCom community manager come visit me back in the day, and they just said it looked cool.

So I would say go for it, just don’t use any exploit build methods…

and you should be good. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m going to stick to my gut and say the majority of the meta pvp spots right now are in question. I’ve seen low impacting bases get dev wiped a few times now. As much as some don’t believe it there is some real report abuse going on and it’s deeper than just a specific location.

3 Likes

i cannot say for sure if it is bannable.

but what i can say is that i have senn a mini base with only extending to just the entrance of the keyhole get devwiped.

maybe the nordheimers spawn behind the spot are key to the game?.

1 Like

This is where it gets a little shady for me… I understand no fence/ceiling stack( ceiling stacking still works) but what about simply using the method to move foundations up and down by small even amounts( not everyone will understand this). Is it just limited to stacking of any kind? If you’ve played this game long enough pvp or pve you’ll pick up some building tricks… I’m just curious how deep funcom is going with this exploit thing just in terms of building. If that makes any sense

3 Likes

I do have to say I’m a bit confused about the statement that there isn’t much space… I have a map room, all needed benches and two layers of honey comb/filler/laybrynth of anti raid none sense… I honestly ran out of things I’d want/need to place so I’m really really confused about it not having that much space lol

Exploit pieces as not intended basically means you cant be creative with mechanics of builds. Just make a square.

@Outcast3rd This is what I’m afraid of tbh

to be honest, every base is bannable. look at mine:

Our base was a lot of times smaller than the ones funcom put on their advertises.
we didn’t block any resources (besides the small npc camp that rests beneath the spot).

3 Likes

I think you’re exaggerating. IMHO only about 10% are bannable - at least of the about 200 or so I’ve seen. That’s way too many IMO and shows again IMO, something wrong with FC’s rules or implementation of them… but…

1 Like

i even saw T1 newbie bases getting wiped.
The first thing people do when join a pvp server is to report the enemies base. no matter how it is.
it’s really really weird.
It is sad because the game is very good, but it’s unplayable at official servers

3 Likes

I’ll clarify,
Not much space to effectively hide loot. Because it is all enclosed it can be wiped to the walls.

Mitra’s stomp attack will take down pretty much any kind of entry fortification. So I tended to build so people could get in but not find my loot stash.

2 Likes

Pretty much, You want them to think they got in, got something and bugger off.

They find a semi hidden chest with some of extra LI’s you got stored and think they hit gold mine. XD

2 Likes

Nobody will be able to answer your question. Not us,players, neither funcom. Also, A dev is not responsable for what is allowed to do or not in oficial servers. so you’re pretty much alone here buddy. Can’t know for sure if it’s bannable or not,it will depend on the mood of the moderator and only.

2 Likes

If you have any additional question regarding the status of your own account, please feel free to reach out to their team over on Zendesk as they will be able to provide you with the inforamtion.

As for the official servers rules, you can check them our here:

Also feel free to check out this post on abusive land claim:

They are always working on improving and adding even more clarity to the rules so please keep an eye out for that.

1 Like

I’ve seen deserters gutter wiped 4 times by funcom. Lol.

@Katniss Same here that’s potentially 80 players just in those 8 cases. Imagine if they all came to the forums and that’s just a small fraction of the cases.