Meteor showers!

So.

I’m playing with this game since… 2018… I don’t know the exact date, but I’m not a new player. I have NEVER had a meteor shower until 2-3 days ago, but I immediately got a fatal error… I captured a cimmerian berserker for myself, I got purged, had to run to my outpost next to the frost temple. It was an easy one, only big birds. Right after that the sky split in two so it was abour 20 minutes or so, and I got a meteor shower. And a broken pencil. Some say you have to wait at least an hour, but surprisingly no.

I started the game today got a meteor shower after ~40 minutes, I almost find all of the meteorites, when AN OTHER happened! So I started searching those nodes, when A THIRD ONE(!!!) came. So with a normal black blood pick and default gather rates, I got 6871 star metal ore :grin:

I get all of the 10 nodes from the first, i Saw the second one, but did not find all of them, and I only heard the third one, and found 3 nodes. That’s my first one, I just run towards where the meteors came from.

So my question is: is the meteor shower:

• time based?
  • RNG based?
  • action based (kinda like the purge)?

Because I am pretty confused now. No meteor shower for over a year, and now 3 in a row in a matter of 1 hour.

4 Likes

The game has to run a certain amount of minutes in order to spawn meteors (I don’t know how long, something like 1 hour 30 minutes or so I think). Once the required time is met (a server restart in multiplayer or game restart in singleplayer resets this, so you need to wait again), there is a 75% chance to spawn a meteor shower.
If the meteor shower didn’t happen, some time later (I am not sure how much time it takes for another roll, maybe 10 minutes or so) another roll is made, this time with a chance of 77% (it always increases by 2% if the roll didn’t turn out positive) to spawn a meteor shower.
If a meteor shower is spawned, it always has at least 5 meteors but never more than 10. Also, the time to spawn a new one resets, so you have to wait to meet the required time again.

4 Likes

So basically I got the 25% for 2 years? I love RNG.

BUT! I literally was in the game for half an hour (my base is at the Oasis of Nekhmet, I drank potions, grabbed some food, gathered the aloe, honey and fish, then teleported to the Mounds of the dead, KO’d the berserker and dragged her to my northern outpost where the purge attacked me, beat it in under 10 minutes) and it already happened?
Also you said if the meteorites don’t come, several minutes later I have a higher chance for it to happen.
Is it true if it DOES happen? Because 3 meteor showers in a row under 1 hour seems very bizarre.

I mean if it happens, does the timer reset and I have 75% again? And I have to wait another ~90 minutes? Because the difference was roughly 30 minutes between two meteor showers.

What kind of mods are you using, maybe this could explain the meteor showers. They are not supposed to happen this often on officials/vanilla. If your server is using Pippi for example, it could be the admin triggering them as well.

No Pippi, only mods that add new building pieces such as lemurian architect, stygian building and weapons like ymir/black ice weapons, katanas.
No other type of mods that could alter timing, and/or admin settings.
Tomorrow I’m gonna try again and take pictures if I can.

Way to go Rolee, Im glad you got some meteors. I thought it was pretty epic and exciting watching them roar overhead for the first time. I cant quite recall if it was during my first meteor shower, or a later (but still very early one), but I had a similar experience. Going from none or almost none to several showers in quick succession. It can go from a famine to a feast pretty fast hey? I could almost hear your mind ticking over trying to remember where they all landed…

2 Likes

It was pretty stunning and I was lucky because I just turned that way to capture the first one. Although there were at least 25 nodes and people would think “if I get 3 showers in such short time there will be plenty of them in this area, I’m just run and eventually I find all of them”. But nooooo, because of the thick forest, the dangerous wildlife, and all of this gets worse when the night comes. And I set the night so it lasts way longer (0.1x both the daytime and nighttime). And not to mention the snowstorms (mod) ehen you have almost 0 view distance.
But it still worth it. Hard to get but high value.

But I wonder: mammoths like flying when they die. What if a meteor hit one of them? It would be such a beautiful thing to witness for sure :laughing:

2 Likes

Imagine that i was searching for the sword of crom for months, then one night i collect it 3 times in a row . It never happened again, it was just this night that i took 3 in a n hour game play. Ofcurse after this I did found it again, but it was just once that i was that lucky. Concider your self lucky and go on, keep playing, have fun :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

2 Likes

I’m having fun.
I don’t know what I’m gonna do with all of star metal, but hell I didn’t want to leave a single piece there after 2 years of waiting.
And I also need a sword of crom so maybe my luck is still with me, we’ll see :wink:

1 Like

One time I got 2 SoC in a row and one time I cleared all bosses 2 rounds and got zero drops :smiley:

1 Like

Go for it , good luck , may Crom be with you

1 Like

Sometimes it is getting so cool , isn’t it? This days i had no Internet and i couldn’t play on line , i hope tomorrow i will have , wish me luck

1 Like

Playing Conan since D1 my friend, and I NEVER, and mean (evah) had a meteor shower.
I enjoyed the pic so, at last, I finally saw one ^^

2 Likes

You are not the only one who doesn’t see one. Playing in several servers I’ve meet a lot of people that didn’t have this fortune. To be honest with you, i’ve seen a lot, but that means nothing. Do you know that after a non stop year of conan and nothing else, i’ve fixed at least 4 museums in different private servers, everything inside the museums was a farming effort and not admins panel, still one week ago i found a weapon that never saw it before. I farm it from the chest, in Den, to the door with the four levers, you know bees-tiger-darts-fire, anyway you get it i supose. It was the whale something hammer. Omg still, this game after so long, in this little map, it has a way to surprise me, omg. Maybe this is the reason i love this game. Still coming back to your issue, i ’ ll give you a hint. There are more possibilities to see a meteor shower if you farm the frozen lake between the Mount of the dead and the frozen temple. Try it and let me know :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

I agree Stelagel but have to say that I’ve “heard” a lot of times sounds from the sky, like something falling (meteors indeed), but graphically never happened anything.
I’d simply say that this is one of the many “familiar” bugs this game has since the launch ^^

1 Like

I guess you don’t always see them because the mountain catches all of the meteorites.
@stelagel that’s an other weapon I still do not own, alongside with the sharkbite daggers.

1 Like

Still none Tselem…!? If I remember correctly you were a fellow Singleplayer werent you? Here is a copy of the post I usually send to other players like us who are trying to get them to appear, and the same post I showed @rolee9309 just a few days ago in a seperate thread, and other players before him. It will require a lot of patience, but see how you go.

"The spot where we both usually get them to appear, and which I have also seen videos of is an unmarked place on the map which I have tentatively named the ‘The Twins’. They are located in coordinates E,13 on the map(?) if memory serves me correctly. It is the 2 large statues located South-East of The Temple of Frost and overlooking woodlands.

It take a long, and I mean LONG time for them to appear; especially for your first time. Some people have reported 30-40 mins, but for her it was literally 1.5 hrs! But subsequent times dont seem to be quite as bad thereafter. So here is what I would advise. Stock up on food and water supplies and anything you need to crack them open, and park your character on a high ledge or one of the statues themselves, where you will not be constantly harassed by predators. Now literally wait a looong time. Face South overlooking the woods and up towards the horizon, then leave your character stationary and just wait. If you have a portable DVD player, literally watch a film and leave Conan Exiles (with volume on) on in the background. No Im not trolling or being cheeky, this will help pass some time, and let you keep an eye/ear on it in the background. You will literally hear and notice them when they come. Only interact to top you characters food and water up where required, and avoid wandering. Good luck friend, and let us know if you succeed hey."

Here was a link to the thread too just in-case.
https://forums.funcom.com/t/enhancement-kits-oils/111776

2 Likes

Yes @Croms_Faithful I’m an offline nomad! (hey never apologized to you for butchering your game’s version and stealing your blue azura’s trousers ^^) and I already know where the “supposed meteors” should fall, but still I never had any “graphic release” (sounds and boulders to “farm” around yes, nothing from the sky).

2 Likes

I already had, and it was destroyed yes… by an “invisible force”.
Guys I’m telling you: I do have meteor showers, but they are invisible ^^

The shower itself is invisible or the fallen nodes too?

I know, basic questions, but to be sure:
Did you chech the game files on steam?
Or maybe a reinstall?

I don’t think it’s a hardware/driver-related issue, but update all of your stuff, MAYBE it helps.

If none of the above helps, just kill world bossed for legendary stuff and grind them and/or loot the guys in the mounds of the dead :smiley:
I used to do that too.