Nerf the enemies ASAP!

Ah all makes sense now … errr wait… nevermind your still :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I want all bosses to be killable with one swing from a torch. No time wasted.:rofl:

He wants the boss’s to be difficult while still possible to kill without exploiting mechanics. Not let me shoot it 3 million times with arrows while it cant hit me… If you try to use more normal tactics you will get destroyed because of their huge health advantage.

1 Like

But you won’t get destroyed.

There was someone who posted a video in another thread Bryan made complaining about nerfing the enemies because they were too difficult. He killed a spider boss naked with stone daggers as like a level 40. Sure it took him like 45 minutes to do it, but he still did it.

1 Like

Or maybe just by looking at them.
Or when you breath at them after you ate a chilli meal or drank excesive amounts of alcohol, could be a new buff “world boss defeater” :stuck_out_tongue:

Can you link the video here? because that sounds a bit funny… Besides i didnt say they were too hard. just that they are time sinks that end up making the game boring. I also wasnt talking about just the spider. The white tiger is a absolute joke yet you almost destroy your weapon to kill it because of its insane health.

Really?
I think you just need to get used to its patterns and find the appropriate timing.
The scorpion king is one of my favourite bosses to fight and this is the one i farmed the most + he is working pretty good imo compared to some others.
But i agree, too long he is, as every other boss in the game which is simply killing the fun you’re having during the first half of your battle with them.

personnally i think daggers is the best weapon to make “short” work of this guy.
having more range for my dodges is also my go to for most bosses, so i use light armors

What are YOU using? what is your armor? what is your build? How do you fight?

but when it comes to thralls fighting, the scorp king can become a nightmare depending on your defenses. personnally i’m having more issues with the undead dragon which MY CHARACTER can handle, but my thralls CANNOT AT ALL.

And here comes my dear sweet spider queen…probably the creature i hate the most in conan exiles and for good reasons. Players who have fought this thing solo in EA will certainly know what 'i m refering to, but i’s not really the topic and not the point i want to talk about here either.

This is by far the boss i struggled the most to deal with in close combat.
And mainly because this boss was so incredibly BUGGED, GLITCHED or whatever word you think is appropriate. It was teleporting like crazy ending up behind my character’s back and of course managing to bite me pretty often and eventhough i was in full silent leg ( which is very rare for me but i still think the heaviest armor you can get for this boss, the better you’ll be dealing with its poison and hits) your health goes down, you loose control of the battle you know for a fact you will eventually run out of antidotes / ambrosia, your shield becomes useless and you realize it’s about time to cheese that thing…SAD

Just in order to make things clear i’m used to some weird teleporting npcs in and there when i’m farming thralls and i can deal with that, but what the spider queen is doing was different and was NO FUN AT ALL for me.
Anyways, i wanted my last trophy so i had no choice but to cheese it with from the big high rock formation nearby where she was finally stuck looking at my char doing so poor dmg with a dragon bow and laughing at me.
Anyway after about 45 min maybe even 1 hour i’m not sure, this thing went finally down, it was no fun at all, mostly boring and i was not proud of my fight athough i had prepared a lot for this battle.

So the spider queen is a special case i will give that to the OP but it mostly needs to be fixed/ optimized, i’m still not so sure, rather than a nerf.

Other bosses ennemies in the game have a too big health pool imo (some are harder than others, which is good) but don’t need any nerf beside a HP reduction.

1 Like

Yes really, my friend died about 3 times then we moved along to the red dragon.

I used Spear, my friend an Axe

Medium regular Epic Flawless.
Friend uses same but light

Encumbrance :stuck_out_tongue:
Do not know the exact skills but sure not for hardcore fighting (about 18strenght), my friend got about 40 strength.

Bad obviously :smiley:
At least I did not die but my friend :slight_smile:

Tell me about it.
Spider was not too bad with my friend, we had it under control.
The dragons are however a pain when it comes to sudden movement.
I am pretty sure the dragon charges his “paw down” attack already before he makes his instant 180 turn so as soon he moves you get already hit.
Not always but we had it for at least 5 times during the fight with the red and skeleton dragon, fortunately we could handle the damage.

1 Like

Nerf = big nono
More challenging = yes please

2 Likes

Kinda funny how you made it look like a dialogue :smiley: . Well done ! i wished i could handle the forums tools as good as you do. Anyway, let’s get back to our dialogue then, but not here since we will probably be mainly talking about the scorp king / dragons and it’s going a bit off topic imo.

Hi Roro, when you are composing a message you can continue browsing the forum, when you select any text from any post it will show “quote”, when you click on that it will insert the selected text as quote at the cursor position in your message.

1 Like

Yes thanks skinny i appreciate your comment. but what i’m struggling with is actually not the fact that you can quote a sentence from a given post, it’s more the about the multiple quotes thing, exactly what XIUM made with his last post, you see.
How do you quote multiple sentences as XIUM did with your own writing/ answers inbetween then?
i guess you must use the CTRL button and certainly others as well, but honestly i have NO IDEA.

Thats easy, select some text in the post you like to quote, then top left of the selection will be a quote button, click it.

Then just hit enter in your text window and continue with the next quote

2 Likes

like this?

Thank you very much, i feel dumb now.
had represented a much more complicated process in my mind somehow.

1 Like

I think the point everyone is trying to make is use the right tool for the tight job. If its difficult with a sword then don’t use a sword, use a bow, or a spear, or a different weapon.

Bring A well equipped thrall with you. If heavy armor isn’t working use medium armor so you can dodge its attacks. Just because you cant kill it the way you want to kill it doesn’t mean that it should be nerfed. Bosses are supposed to be hard fights. Some of them are arguably to easy so i would rather have them too difficult than too easy.

If you nerf all the bosses down to easy for solo to complete you might as well not have bosses and just make them the same as all the rest of the fodder. Once you get level 40 or higher weapons anything but bosses are very easy to fight.

My one complaint is that the humans difficult is not based on if they are a warrior 1 2 or 3 but on their location. The human 1s in the northern cities are as tough or tougher than the fighter 3s and even named fighters on the pirate ship in the jungle. Their strength should be based on their level tier 1-4 not on their location.

[quote=“DemonShadow, post:49, topic:31128”]Can you link the video here? because that sounds a bit funny… Besides i didnt say they were too hard. just that they are time sinks that end up making the game boring. I also wasnt talking about just the spider. The white tiger is a absolute joke yet you almost destroy your weapon to kill it because of its insane health.
[/quote]

Sure thing!

Credit for this video goes to @Sagranda as it’s his video that he posted in another thread by Bryan on this same very topic.

2 Likes

were you actually talking about this spider boss bryan, the one from sagranda’s video in the swungle? the demon spider?

Okay. I thought… “Whaaat?! That spider boss nude with stone daggers?! NO WAY!”

But now it makes sense. Demonic spidy is really dumb and seems to not have as much HP like the ms spidy.

The normal spider boss has a huge range while her hitbox for hitting her is a little… problematic at times. When I ran away, already 2 foundations away, I still got hit 3 times. Plus the poison, which the demonic one doesnt have…
However, eighter exploiting, having insane timing (she hits fast if I remember correctly) OR having a friend who blocks (or deals the damage) will help with that.

But I still think most bosses got too damn high HP. 56k HP or more? A whole weapon breaking apart, not to mention how we spend that much time killing it? Bleh. I would highly prefer the bosses becoming really dangerous rather than having this much HP. There is nothing wrong with having gotten to know an enemy and due to that killing it without any trouble, but huge HP just causes a player to not even waste a thought on farming them. Some dragon weapon - heck even a telith would be faster aquired.

2 Likes

Demon Spider has 60,320 HP according to the wiki.

Regular spider has 59,360 HP according to the wiki.

I haven’t run into the regular spider bosses being glitchy on my server. The whole being invisible or warping around issues.

The method that is used to kill the demon spider, if regular spider isn’t glitching around, would be the same for the regular spider. You can see Sagranda is consistently staying being the demon spider as much as possible. If you’re to the side or behind the regular spider boss, you won’t get hit with poison either.

And yes, the Kinscourge is much easier to kill than any of the world bosses. He only has 11k HP. I do enjoy his fight much better than any of the world bosses however. He actually has tactics, a long range attack, his slice and dice attack and the magic ball explosion for AOE. The only problem with him is he telegraphs what he’s doing and is easy to avoid.

Once you get the recipes for dragonbone weapons, which doesn’t even require killing the undead dragon which just baffles me how we get the boss reward without killing the boss, just go for baby dragons. They’re pretty easy to kill and easy to avoid their attacks even for a solo player. Just get them one at a time because getting in between 2 or 3 is a death sentence.

1 Like

Wiki isnt always correct though. At least one boss got a another value. Also the last times I stumbled upon the normal spider, it did 1 or even 2 attacks per second, with a huge range. Plus the poison on each attack.
I wouldnt call that easy at all. Staying on the back when it almost instantly turns?

Demon spider takes a LOOOOONG time to attack, so one might just as well sleep while killing it.
Also that one can be stunlocked and has pretty much straightforward attacks. Always that leaping attack trying to pierce one.
Its like comparing an archer thrall with some bow with an archer wielding throwing axes.
Moderate attack speed compared to machine gun.

Again. Much easier depends. I once encountered that one spamming only this cone, during which animation he could turn all he want, leaving me being hit by every single cone. Also its pretty fast, which is a good thing. Yes, the orb does take a lil too long. If Funcom shortens the duration until its fired by 1/3, it would be fine.
However, an enemy showing that he channeling something dangerous is a good thing! But the longer the cast is, the more dangerous it should be. To the point of oneshotting people. (Including heavily armorered players!)

And speaking of undead dragon? It totally surprised me to see how he ignores shields with his flame breath. People just get roasted. If not wearing heavy armor, one can only pray to eighter be able to dodge right before he breathes, or is standing so near to him, that the breath misses one. (Yep, that happens too.)
True, the recipes should be hidden better. Like with the pool going down in dregs. Or chests rising up after triggering ghosts.