Purges inside bases are more broken than ever

Everyone on the server I play on has been having worse problems than ever before with purges spawning inside bases.

My base is a 9x9x9 cube on a mesa with stairs running up to the front and back porches and a small pavilion on one side that can easily be walked through. There is absolutely nothing blocking access to any of the doors, you can literally walk right up and knock on any of the doors without obstructions. The only way it could possibly be easier to path inside would be to leave all my doors open and knock giant holes in all of my walls. And yet, purges still spawn inside the base, on the 2nd or 3rd floor, in sealed off rooms with nothing but stairs in them, on the roof, anywhere but outside the base on the completely unobstructed path to the doors.

Since purges are supposed to be such a big part of Age of War 2.0, are there any plans to fix this? Because I can’t think of anything LESS fun than more of these ridiculous purge spawns inside bases.

And don’t give me any blah blah foundation path blah blah nonsense. There is NOTHING blocking an easy path right up to the base. If the game interprets it as not having a path that is a bug in the game that needs to be fixed, because there is absolutely nothing players can do about this, you can’t make a path that is already 0% blocked any less blocked.

3 Likes

Greetings oberstgreup!
Thank you for reporting your situation.

In order for our team to properly assist you, could you please provide us further information following the below Bug Report Template:

We’ll be awaiting your report!

@HighSaint this is not so much as a bug, as it is poor execution of the code for Purge activity.

The pathing of the NPCs that come with the Purge is very spotty.

The expected behaviour is the Purge approaches on the ground toward a structure.

What happens more often than not, is the NPCs will spawn underneath the undermesh, or inside the Structure.

There have been numerous posts over the years about the issues with Purge performance, with little improvement.
As the Age of War’s showpiece is a new type of Purge mechanic, I think it is very important for these issues to be addressed.

1 Like

The availability of doors and stairs - it was a long time ago, three years ago. Since then, they have changed the mechanics, and one of the corners of the base building became the target of the purge. Doors and stairs are completely unimportant now, open all doors wide open - no one will enter inside if the purpose of purge is the corner of the building next to the door. It is to the corner that NPCs will strive, and having made their way to it, they will destroy it.
When the announcement of the purge appears, see on the map at the maximum scale which corner of the base is marked with a cross, and see if the passage is open to it. The passage through the base will also be considered.

If you are on a mesa and there isn’t enough room around your base for them to walk towards your base, they will spawn inside. They generally spawn like 100-200ft away to start the walk, so if you don’t have that space, they’ll spawn inside. I get it, you don’t want to hear that, but if you post a picture we can give you a more accurate answer.

@Teng your response seems like an attempt to share knowledge, thank you for that.

Unfortunately, it does not address the fact that Purge NPC frequently spawn in the undermesh, or inside the Structure at the beginning of a Purge, which as I understand it is not intended.

These are most likely some kind of bugs related to the peculiarities of the servers.
I’ve only had 3 or 4 instances in offline play in 3 years (and purges happen almost every day) where NPCs spawned inside a building. The last one was about a year ago. The rest of the time nothing happened, and they walk to the intended corner on the ground. I see no reason not to consider this a random glitch.

@Teng
Ok, to clarify,it seems your experiences are in Single Player.

The experiences I am referring to occur on Official Servers.

In fact, I had a Purge a week ago where this occured. - Issues with Purge - General Discussion / Feedback - Funcom Forums

If you are not experiencing issues in Offline/Single Player, while myself and others are experiencing issues while on Official Servers, perhaps this is where diagnostic/corrective action should be directed.

Problems with Purges are not isolated incidents, they occur quite frequently.

Yes, that’s exactly what I meant.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.