Real Named thralls spawn rate

Hello guys. In this topic I will show you the real NPCs spawn rate in the game according to the last (update 34 part 2) Devkit version.

First, let’s take an example with the Bearer (sherpa in the Devkit) from the WeightedSpawnTableRow.uasset :

As you can see in this table, we dont have percentage, we have weight

• Sherpa_Low (lvl 1 Bearer) weight = 100
  • Sherpa_Mid (lvl 2 Bearer) weight = 65
  • Sherpa_High (lvl 3 Bearer) weight = 35
  • Sherpa_RandomLegendary (lvl 4 Bearer) weight = 5
  • Total weight = 100 + 65 +35 + 5 = 205

How to calculate spawn rate?
Spawn rate (%) = (Tier weight / Total weight) x 100

• Lv1 Bearer = (100/205) x 100 = 48,7%
  • Lv2 Bearer = (65/205) x 100 = 31,7%
  • Lvl3 Bearer = (35/205) x 100 = 17%
  • Lvl4 Bearer = (5/205) x 100 = 2,4%

Note that Bearer thrall dont have any faction. You can find any named Bearer in any Bearer spot.

Now you know how to calculate the spawn rate with the Data table. Let me show you all the other thralls Data table. I already calculated and write the spawn rate on the pictures below.

Priest

• Black hand Archpriest : 2,5%
  • Darfari Archpriest : 2,5%
  • Dogs Archpriest : 10% / Dogs Named priest : 7,5%
  • Exiled Archpriest : 2,5%
  • Heirs of the North Archpriest : 2,5%
  • Lemurian Archpriest : 5% / Lemurian Named priest : 1%
  • Relic Hunter Archpriest : 2,5%

Note that for some reason Jhebbal Sag archpriest spawns really more often than the others.

Alchemist

• Black hand Named Alchemist : none
  • Darfari Named Alchemist : none
  • Dogs Named Alchemist : none
  • Exiled Named Alchemist : none
  • Forgotten Tribe Named Alchemist : 1,1%
  • Heirs of the North Named Alchemist : 1,1% (actualy broken)
  • Lemurian Named Alchemist : none
  • Relic Hunter Archpriest : none
  • Votaries Named Alchemist : actualy broken cause rows are missing on the data table

Armorer

• Black hand Named armorer : 1,1%
  • Darfari Named armorer : 5%
  • Dogs Named armorer : 2,7%
  • Exiled Named armorer : 6,6%
  • Forgotten Tribe Named armorer : 1,1%
  • Heirs of the North Named armorer : 2,7%
  • Lemurian Named armorer : 2,5%
  • Relic Hunter armorer : 3,7%

Note that Grrr Legbiter had a nice buff.

Blacksmith

• Black hand Named blacksmith : 1,1%
  • Darfari Named blacksmith : none
  • Dogs Named blacksmith : 1,1%
  • Exiled Named blacksmith : 2,8%
  • Forgotten Tribe Named blacksmith : 1,1%
  • Heirs of the North Named blacksmith : 2,7%
  • Lemurian Named blacksmith : 2,7%
  • Relic Hunter Named blacksmith : 2,8%
  • Votaries Named blacksmith : 1%

Carpenter

• Black hand Named carpenter : 1,1%
  • Darfari Named carpenter : none
  • Dogs Named carpenter : none
  • Exiled Named carpenter : 2,5%
  • Forgotten Tribe Named carpenter : 1,1%
  • Heirs of the North Named carpenter : 1,1%
  • Lemurian Named carpenter : 2,7%
  • Relic Hunter Named carpenter : none

Cook

• Black hand Named cook : 1,1%
  • Darfari Named cook : none
  • Dogs Named cook : none
  • Exiled Named cook : 2,7%
  • Forgotten Tribe Named cook : none. Rows are in the data table but no cook spot on the map
  • Heirs of the North Named cook : 2,7%
  • Lemurian Named cook : 2,7%
  • Relic Hunter Named cook : 2,7%
  • Votaries Named cook : 1%

Entertainer

• Black hand Named entertainer : 1,1%
  • Darfari Named entertainer : none
  • Dogs Named entertainer : 2,7%
  • Exiled Named entertainer : 2,7%
  • Forgotten Tribe Named entertainer : none. Same as cook, no dancer spot on the map
  • Heirs of the North Named entertainer : 2,7%
  • Lemurian Named entertainer : 2,7%
  • Relic Hunter Named entertainer : 2,7%
  • Votaries Named entertainer : none

Smelter

• Black hand Named smelter : 1,1%
  • Darfari Named smelter : none
  • Dogs Named smelter : none
  • Exiled Named smelter : 2,7%
  • Forgotten Tribe Named smelter : 2,7%
  • Heirs of the North Named smelter : 1%
  • Lemurian Named smelter : 2,7%
  • Relic Hunter Named smelter : 2,7%
  • Votaries Named smelter : none

Tanner

• Black hand Named tanner : 1,1%
  • Darfari Named tanner : none
  • Dogs Named tanner : none
  • Exiled Named tanner : 2,7%
  • Forgotten Tribe Named tanner : 1,1%
  • Heirs of the North Named tanner : 2,7%
  • Lemurian Named tanner : 2,7%
  • Relic Hunter Named tanner : 2,7%
  • Votaries Named tanner : actualy broken

Taskmaster

• Black hand Named taskmaster : 1,1%
  • Darfari Named taskmaster : none
  • Dogs Named taskmaster : 2,7%
  • Exiled Named taskmaster : 5,4%
  • Forgotten Tribe Named taskmaster : actualy broken
  • Heirs of the North Named taskmaster : 1,1%
  • Lemurian Named taskmaster : 2,7%
  • Relic Hunter Named taskmaster : 2,7%
  • Votaries Named taskmaster : actualy broken

Fighter

• Black hands named fighter : 2,5%
  • Black hands named captain : 50% (Joshua!)
  • Forgotten tribes named fighter : 34,5% (Delinsia !)
  • Lemurian named fighter : broken
  • Voraties named fighter : 2,2%

Archer

• Black hands named archer : 2,7%
  • Lemurian named archer : 2,5%
  • Relic hunter named archer : 2,3%
  • Voraties named archer : 2,2%
11 Likes

Awesome info! Is there anything that maps the various types to areas on the map? Most I know but some I’m not sure of. And don’t some locations have mixed races/camps?

It seems the fully random spawns are the ones with highest chance for named. So if you want named, any named… go for the exiles and lemurians

Congrats alex !

As many of us were suspecting, the pirate ship has the worst rates.
And despite the fact it’s the place where the greatest number of named can spawn, it is still very long/ hard to get a lvl 4, except named fighters.
And speaking of fighters, it would be nice to compare their spawn rate with crafting thralls at the black galleon.

see ya mate

2 Likes

I added named fighters and archers, expect thralls that spawn 100% like Freya, Lian, Thugra and so on.

1 Like

awesome work!
Seeing those numbers, I’m glad I got most of my desired thralls by now except 2-3!

Are you sure Rokur the Alchemist actually spawns at the sandward tower? (I think he can not spawn at the spots in New Asgarth) and at the Sandward-tower spot I had an empty spawn once, like with Njoror battleborn pre-patch, same goes for Beri at Freyas Hovel, haven’t seen her in New-Asgarth either since the patch, aswell as not a single Nordheimer T3 Priest, would you mind doublechecking these? :slight_smile:

you will know by the camp-symbols on the map :slight_smile:

Rokur is broken. Rows are missing in the datatable, I already posted a fix topic for him and some other broken thralls : Thrall missing and fix solution

Beri spawns as intended, not only at Freya Hovel, you can find her in New Asagarth close by the smelter. I confirm that T3 Nordheimer priest also spawns.

@Tascha can you pin this topic please? :blush:

2 Likes

Well, I was working on something like this too but with just names of the NPC’s and whether they spawned or not. This is far more info then what I was working on, nicely done as always :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you mate. :wink:

Thanks again! :slight_smile: Will keep on looking then :slight_smile:

Certainly!

2 Likes

Thank you Tascha. :relaxed:

I’d really apreciate all the effort, time and patience you had had for doing that topic! Me i don’t have them time nor patience to do that myself. It’s a high level research. Regardless, we’ll not have means to enjoy the information since we as a small clans or lonely players will not have the chance to keep killing and waoting for them thralls to respaw because it will surely mean death for us: i’ll give you guys an example: before, when i needed a named thrall i had just to wait for the alpha guys gone sleep, then i could hide a small wheel of pain and with some lucky, they would eventually miss it so i could have my thrall; now, since i need to keep kiling low level trhalls forever whyle hope for a named spawn, i have no window to try that or the big guys will find me or my wheel and you all know what that means by now… So again, thank you Funcom for your great job ruining my gameplay…

1 Like

This thread has been super helpful and it helped us adjust a few things. Thank you!

3 Likes

… while not strictly on topic. I very happy now that I finally have my Njoror Battleborn!

also I like the more random spawns… and no more guaranteed crafter spawns in the volcano.

1 Like

My pleasure. :blush:

4 Likes

It seems way harder to find lvl3 or named blacksmith, armourer and alchemist. the spots that used to have that type but random levels seem to be gone and only random spawn points now.

If there is a place to grind for either of those 3 anymore please let me know.

I don’t. As i said above it is ruining my gameplay. I’d play solo most of the time and it was easier to have at least 5 named thralls from the volcano area: Secas, the blacksmith, Iris (tanner), Sayd (alchemist), Enys (cook) and a named taskmaster (wich name i can’t remember now). It was easier because i could place a hidden wheel of pain inside the volcano so i could have some good t4 thralls to boost my production. Now i still can hide that wheel but i must keep killing lower level thralls untill a named one spawn and that demmands alot of time wich i don’t have and is extremely dangerous because anyone from them “alphas” can find me doing so wich means death and destruction for me. And there’s more: when i got raided i will certainly lose my named thralls and i’ll have to start all over again to find other. All that only means i’ll have to spend six times the ammount of time it was needed before to have named thralls again. I can’t say for you but for me it isn’t exactly fair.