Server #1930 PvE Griefing & Harrassment

One of the factors that draws me on this topic is the simple fact that if an internal problem has not been effectively monitored and combated - without creating empty expectations - the tendency is for all servers in similar circumstances to offer no “security” or that an innocent player will be the victim of some abuse or something unfair.

My problem with CE involves more of its flaws and technical limitations and I gave up on continuing to play this trap under the same unpredictable and precarious conditions, but I remember having taken part in a griefer topic and Funcom’s official response was disappointing, including the suggestion of player to look for another server. In practice, who is being punished with such a “practical solution”?

Without any kind of internal moderation, the server is fueling “insecurity” and impunity, especially speaking of pve mode. If nothing concrete happens to those who try to harm, disrupt or offend other players for free (and unfair), a potentially negative and destructive “no brake or law” environment is being created. Or at least the “system” propitiates or compacts with these possible problems.

I hope you can hear some good news from Funcom in this department, but regardless, I suggest that you stay more attentive to the actions - or lack thereof - of that developer.

2 Likes

For my part, I’ll say this thread—and other complaints elsewhere—have cemented my decision to not play CE online anywhere, ever. It’s sad, because I’m fairly certain I’m missing out on some quality gameplay, but given Gabe’s Internet Asshat Theory & Funcom’s official policy of “sucks to be you”, well…I guess I’ll just be off in my quiet little corner.

1 Like

So… Any news on fixing this yet?

Yes, we know it’s absolutely frustarting when other players act like this, but as we’ve said before we don’t provide traditional GM support for Conan Exiles:

https://forums.funcom.com/t/harassement-and-griefing-issues/15950

In extreme cases, such as preventing players from playing the game, we may take action if presented with indisputable proof. This includes removing structures and may also lead to bans. BattlEye will also ban players if they are using cheating software.

We’ve added in several features to address issues like this, like muting players and updating the decay system to tackle building spam and land claim harassment. We’re also going to make it so you can’t read what it says on a sign before you click on it.

This thread has now been closed.