So this is OK, right?

Before the mounted charge multiplier, of course, because I don’t have data on that.

Yes, let’s stop focusing on the red lance hit, coming in from the side. I can’t help but be reminded of Blake Edwards’ Skin Deep.

From some tests, I’m guesstimating, but I think lance Max Damage vs a player might actually exceed our VIT Max. Is that accurate?

1 Like

Will they though? :rofl: Not even if their little discovery is now exposed. This is not an intended feature at all, it goes beyond that and is 100% broken.

1 Like

I hope Funcom reads this and they double check it again. And I am pretty sure they will change something regarding damage stacking with lance.

2 Likes

Does anyone know the actual charge multipliers for mounted lances? I’ve been hunting online, and can’t find anything. I want to complete my calculations (because I get bored at work) and really want to know what the game files say. I’ve seen one discussion on reddit (ew) where they said that it was lowered from 2x to 1.2x in one of the patches, but I can’t find that information anywhere.

Yeah this game has had redonkulous power creep. I’m curious if other players actually like that there are buffs and armour now that make the characters superheroes? Coz I don’t.

Moved the rest of this post to a new thread so as not to derail too much:

1 Like

It is very scary.
You know the animation for the Siptah Bison when they start kicking in circles?
Also, once you’ve been stamped with a horseshoe, it is not an experience one is likely to forget.

On a less specific note, I think a lot of lance problem is tied to render problem.
Should one be able to one shot another player?
Maybe. But that is grotesquely contentious.
If they are standing still and you can get a lance on them in the charge, it’s as reasonable as slitting a throat as one lays insensate.
However, as mentioned above, one should hear the thundering of hooves from quite a distance away. The cavalier is not stealthy.
So no one should be surprise ganked by a mounted charge.

I personally have mild issue with the appearance of Jousting lances in a setting that has more in common with the Bronze Age than the Late Middle Ages/Early Renaissance. Even beyound that, Tourney lances and field lances were significantly different. The longer tourney lances designed to unhorse and shatter, the significantly more deadly and durable field lances designed to skewer. Blah blah blah historical semantics.

If we are considering a dismounted counter to the lance charge, rather than a spear technique (I am not calling those short things pikes), make it the dismounted Lance move. That way it is easy to keep at the same (or boost for slightly superior) reach. Hold down button to set to receive just as you hold down button to couch while mounted. Use the same mechanic that unhorses and does damage based on relative velocity.

3 Likes

the biggest problem when trying to get changes done in conan, is a bunch of roleplayers with 500 hours typing in forums like they know a damn thing about PVP.
how does a simple thread about a clearly overpowered weapon, get derailed so much.
sometimes the best thing to say, is nothing.

5 Likes

Uh oh. Looks like the thread police are here.

2 Likes

ty for proving my point

Thank you for proving his point. Although I guess it’s nice that this thread lasted a bit longer before it devolved into the usual trench warfare of name-calling. And that’s largely thanks to @AxeIsAnnoying, because he’s one of the PVP players who’s actually capable of talking to others like they’re fellow humans.

Heaven forbid some of us ask some questions about things that seem like bugs or discuss all the factors that make the damage so high. No, that’s “derailing” and it will be punished by passive-aggressive snide remarks from a handful of people who think they’re the God’s Gift To Gaming, as demonstrated by yourself and @Barnes.

Now all we need is @biggcane55 to pop up with his “wolfpack” catchphrase and we’ve got the Conan Exiles PVP Forum Bingo.

I don’t know why I even bothered to start participating here again.

Once again, thanks for the patience, @AxeIsAnnoying.

3 Likes

As a horseman it would seem there should be some consideration paid to two horses colliding at pace like this. This is one of a handful of reasons horses should be refreshed and/or replaced.

As for the death, it seems to get all kluged up there at the end. I think a lot of people might not be understanding the loss of stamina, by death process, and it might confuse them. For people who die by the sword or pull their bracelets and face the exhausted stamina message, the death sequence makes more sense the way you put it (a render problem).

Personally I liked the idea of 1-hit strokes or Critical Hits. A high-enough-dmg two-handed sword should have a Critical Hit worked in there somewhere. I just assert (again, not to be repetitive) that we need real-world player testing to see if and by how much the lance is out of whack.

Why let people get to you? You got great feedback in most areas and self regulate when you aren’t sure. The basic reality of forums is that everyone’s opinion and posts can and probably will tick someone else off. Another is that nothing good comes from squashing other points of view. If someone’s ideals cannot withstand inquiry from someone from the outside, then the issue isn’t the person questioning but the ideal itself. I believe that is a classic logical fallacy but I forget which one it is.

3 Likes

That’s what gets to me: squashing other points of view. It’s not about being factually wrong. I’m no stranger to being told I’m wrong, that’s a normal part of discussion. In fact, that’s why I ask questions in the first place, because I want to know. It’s about being told you’re not allowed to even ask questions because… well… reasons, I guess. Super important reasons. :roll_eyes:

It’s not just shіtty elitism, it comes hand in hand with hypocrisy and crocodile tears from those who tell you to shut up in the same breath they use to complain about how they’re not allowed to have their own discussions.

And for some reason, that bothers me. If I had a shrink, I would probably have to ask them to help me work on that :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: But let’s not go on about this, please. This kind of thing does actually derail a thread and it just gives these people more reasons to play victim. I’ll just shut up and fuсk off like a good little role player :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Yeah well I think PVP needs some more RP and less junk character buids, junk base builds, and junk mentality where win-at-all costs trumps server enjoyment (IE my fun is more important than everyone elses)

2 Likes

There’s always the “New Thread” button for asking questions.

@Kikigirl identified the elephant in the room. We don’t know how much damage potential we’re dealing with here, and whether Server conditions are at play.

1 Like

There’s also a perfectly functional “Reply” button that can be used for questions related to the actual topic. It’s not like I was asking which Sepermeru merchant sells feathers.

Yep. Which is one of the reasons why I was asking the question, to determine if it affects damage or not. You’ll notice that I stopped asking once @AxeIsAnnoying explained that, in his tests, the lance did 554 HP of damage to a stationary target. As soon as I saw that, I agreed that 554 HP is way too freaking much regardless of relative velocity.

So again, is there any reason we should keep derailing this thread by arguing over which questions we’re allowed to ask and which people are allowed to ask questions? Or can we agree that sometimes people want to talk about things and there’s no malice behind it and it’s okay and we’ll get there eventually?

I mean, I’m fine either way. Every time I’m told to STFU, I’ll either reply in kind or take a break from the forums, depending on how busy I am and how much I can be bothered to care. But it’s so much more interesting to talk about the game itself.

1 Like

I don’t believe I’ve participated in the derailing of this thread. In fact, I keep trying to steer it back to the substantive “nut” of the story.

Secondarily, I think finding DamageMax data might take some time, and might need to be independently verified.

Then why are you not already going into Coop and test it out with a friend just to confirm? All the people do here on the forums, is argue argue argue and compare to realism.

We need facts and based on facts Funcom can act accordingly.

2 Likes

There’s a specific thread for the mounted charge multiplier now.

3 Likes