Stuttering / lag / freezing

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Performance
Server type: PvP
Region: EU
Mods?: No
Edition: Game Pass

Bug Description:

Both me and my friend started to play this game, just as I joined a server for the first time the problem occurred, didn’t think much of it restarted the game and it worked perfectly for the rest of the day, the next day the same thing started to happen but after a restart / relog it would simply just re-appear every hour or two. Now on the third day of play its completely unplayable, the game freezes every 4 - 7 seconds, after restarting it it instantly does its thing again. I read through a couple of threads and discovered that decent amount of people were having the same trouble such as this guy: (actually noticed u cant post links but the video is called Conan Exiles Stuttering by Bence Borsodi), the video is 3 years old btw.

Tried moving it from HDD to SSD

Reinstalled audio drivers

The whole going trough ini files to disable sound or w/e seems just way too scuffed and there’s no tutorial for the WindowsApp version anyways

you could say that it was CPU / GPU thing but my friend has a very good computer and has the exact same issue.

I write this mainly hoping that it will actually get fixed but after 3 years? who knows, yes i noticed there’s a thread 14 days ago describing a stuttering issue as well but no-one even bothered to respond to it.

Expected Behavior:

Being able to play the game

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Spend money for Gamepass
  2. Install the game
  3. Play for 3 days, start to get addicted
  4. The stuttering Conan exiles incident.

Greetings,

We regret to hear about your experience. Could you share more about it?

• Is your friend also playing with Gamepass?
  • Are you playing on Co-op or on a private dedicated server?
  • Were you engaging in any particular activity when the stuttering began? (like killing NPC’s, running dungeons, etc.)

Thanks in advance.

Hey,

thanks for responding, ill share everything I can chief.

1. Yes, he is using the xbox game pass as well.

2. We were playing on some private server we found in the browser, but when we tried to play single to test the lags they were still present.

3. No, nothing special just spawning into our base is enough. We did think that its too big so we killed ourselves respawned in the desert, restarted the game but it still lagged.

I have the absolutely the exact same problem, this occured after the reinstall of the game for the new patch (extremely annoying to dw the LARGE game once again)

Game mode: Online official
Server type: PvE-Conflict
Region: America

Bug Description:

A constant stutter is occurring while playing, not just for me but for my entire clan. We all got the game together with Game Pass, loved the game, played it for a few weeks and now it’s suddenly become unplayable with the latest update on the 24th (which of course we had to reinstall the entire game to get). Every 5 seconds you will get a stutter which lasts half a second, it never goes away no matter where you are in the world, graphic settings, ect… My ENTIRE clan is experiencing the same problem (all playing on high end hardware). It is absolutely an issue related to the server.

Server name: Official server #1942 PvE Conflict - g-portal . com
IP: 172.107.179.249:28000

Expected Behavior:

For the servers to run smoothly like they were prior to this most recent update.

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Step 1 Download Conan Exiles through Xbox Gamepass
  2. Step 2 Launch Conan Exiles
  3. Step 3 Connect to server 172.107.179.249:28000
  4. Step 4 Observe stutters

Game mode: Single-player
Type of issue: Bug Performance
Server type: PvE
Region: us
Mods?: [ Are mods installed: no
Edition: [ Select one: Steam |

Bug Description:

A clear and concise description of what the bug is.

i sprint and move the camera around and it stutters every few seconds,even just walking and moving the camera

Expected Behavior:

A clear and concise description of what you expected to happen.

sprint and walk and move camera and it be clear and crisp

Installed Mods:

If you answered ‘Yes’ to using mods, please list all your active mods. Otherwise, skip or delete this section.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Step 1 load exiled lands or siptah
  2. Step 2 start new game or play existing one(i started a new one)
  3. Step 3 move the camera and walk or sprint
  4. Etc.

ive tried updating windows,updating firmware for the ssd updating graphics drivers checked for overheating cpu gpu etc and installing on another pc i have,i did notice the framerate fluctuates around 32-50 fps,which to me seems low

Greetings everyone,

We merged the threads to keep all the information in one place. Thank you all for your reports.
We already forwarded the details to our team and they will investigate what could be causing the stuttering.

Thank you for your patience and support.

I re-installed the game over night and now it’s working perfectly fine, no more stutters! I would advise everyone else here to try the same!

EDIT: After managing to play for a few hours the stutters came back :confused:

I am the friend that has been spoken of and I reinstalled the game just as you said, but it stutters even more.

So that also was not the fix.

Same issue happened to me, game started to freez and then close after today’s small update. It become unplayable at this point.

Co-op
Performance
PvE
North America
No mods
Microsoft Store/Game pass

When I played yesterday everything was fine but when I got on today every time I move it lags badly and I cant play.

I expected it to work like it did the first time but it did not.

1.Instal from Microsoft store
2.Load into game
3.Lag badly
4.cry

2 Likes

yeah that sucks man

I’m having the same issue too

2 Likes

Game mode: Co-op
Type of issue: Bug | Performance
Region: offline

Bug Description:

When every i move it lags like crazy non stop.

Expected Behavior:

I expect to be able to walk without it freezing non stop.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. I start up the game
  2. Load into my co-op world
  3. The second i start moving it lags and it is unplayable

This is a clip of what it looks like.

I just wanted to share a temporary fix so far, I have been browsing the forums a bit and found this Game Freezing - Gamepass Edition - #7 by MaltLongberry thread, the guy said:

1. Uninstall nudity DLC
  2. Repair game in the windows app setting and Reset the game in the windows app
  3. Profit

and it actually worked ?! I have been playing for the first time in a couple of days without lag, like I said the fix is most probably temporary cuz maybe the cache will fill up again or w/e? not sure, not a tech guy.

Anyways for anyone who really wants to play before a more permanent fix is applied this might solve their issues.

Game mode: Single-player | Co-op
Region: Co-op
Mods?: Yes
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

The game keeps stuttering and freezing while going around the map , what i did notice was that while i was running around the map , my HDD was going up in use going from 2,0mb/s to 20+mb/s , and thats where the stutters come from , what i dont understand is why here is my specs :

CPU: FX-6300 3.5GHZ
GPU: GTX 1650Super
RAM: DDR3 1600HZ 12GB
HDD: WD 7200rpm 1Terabyte (new) (so its not old or anything its pretty much brand new)

no CPU or GPU bootleneck , i checked it.

Expected Behavior:

No stutter? since my computer can handle it .

Installed Mods:

Thralls level 100,Tier 4 Followers - Mild increase Spawn,Legendaries Reforged,EEWA,Bosses be Thrallabe,Kerozards Paragon Leveling - Reloaded,High Heels System, Recipe for hardened steel bar, immersive armor, Hosav’s Custom UI mod , Emberlight , Fashionist ,75% more women , Devious Desires.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Step 1 - Start Game, Co-op or single player
  2. Step 2 - Start Running around the map
  3. Step 3 - Stutter
  4. Etc.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.