Testlive Patch (06.11.2020) - Hotfix 2.1.2: Crafting and general fixes

Greetings, Exiles of the Testlive lands!

We’re releasing hotfix 2.1.2 earlier on the Testlive branch of the game to identify any possible issues ahead of its launch next week. In it, we’re addressing a number of issues in regards to crafting and recipes and some AI animation problems.

If you’re giving this hotfix a try on Testlive, please help us ensure a smooth launch next week by reporting any possible critical issues present in this build of the game.

Thanks for your continued support and feedback, and stay safe!

Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.

notes

crafting

• Fixed an issue regarding Garrison Blacksmith benches missing crafting recipes.
  • The Redeemed Legion recipe was missing. We found it. No need to call the police.
  • Fixed remaining recipe issues with T4 Alchemists.

ai

• Rhinos and Giant Bears would sometimes get frozen in a default pose and not attack back. This has now been fixed.

balancing

• The Frostgiant Armor attributes have been rebalanced. Its base value now gives 4 Vitality (down from 16) but now also provides a bonus of 5 Strength. This can be further improved with specialized crafters.

general

• “Craft an exceptional or flawless item” Journey Step has been removed from the game and substituted with “Craft an improved work-station”.
  • Fixed an issue in regards to the Frostgiant Armor not giving bonus attributes.
  • Fixed an issue where Vines couldn’t be harvested in the Exiled lands.
  • Fixed an issue regarding warpaints visually disappearing when changing race with the Vanity Mirror.

ui

• The “Rent a server” button should now open the link on the default external browser instead of the internal Steam browser.

community

Separate TestLive Product on Steam

We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.

If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called “Conan Exiles - Testlive Client” in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.

We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.

6 Likes

I know it is not mentioned in the patch notes but just to confirm:

• Still no ichor from cooking any fish.
  • Sill no legendary armor kits with a T4 durability blacksmith/armorer in the tinker’s bench.

On the positive note:

Multigun is happy to assist with the oil crisis:

Frost Giant’s Armor:

4 Likes

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/dota2_gamepedia/images/b/bf/Vo_antimage_anti_level_03.mp3/revision/latest?cb=20200711080029

2 Likes

I really hoped for a vanity mirror fix regarding body setting and body setting being resetet to defaults… and also adding the missing Body controls… Is that in the works?

1 Like

Fish isnt the only source for ichor. I know they changed a lot, but im finding literal gallons of icor in under an hour by harvesting spiders and harvesting those winged earwigs (among other things). I have never once gotten ichor from fish (or very rare or have not known of other ways) in the pre-patch.

As for oil, yea i get it from squashing seeds, but those Nordheimer for some reason always have a ton on them. I go chest hunting (especially the easter egg near the Den) and usually find a few units along with a really good weapon.

But i am a solo pve “offline” player as well.

Body settings controls for the Vanity Mirror is being worked on at the moment and will come with a later patch.

6 Likes

Like Monday? Tuesday?

My bets are on Thursday, just don’t know which one :grin:

Are the testlive servers working now? I’ve tried connecting this morning and they were not.

Is that a typo about frostgiant armour giving 16 vitality?

You could cook unappetizing fish and shell fish for ichor. You never cooked any of these to find out is what I find funny.

I’m under the impression they want us to rely less on camps of fish traps to get ichor or make oil. I’m happy for the change as seeing fish trap builds annoying. Heard fish traps were the big factor in server stability because of the huge fish farms.

I’m really amazed to see how a released game slides back into early acces
really funny funcom not only that you are constantly adding new features no it’s also constant bugs and recurring problems even problems that have been around for years are only amusingly smiled at and ignored
apparently it doesn’t bother some people but why would they play the game constantly and put their values more on the pve even if it’s only a small group

1 Like

Pve is most of the group not including pve-c as that depends on how you see it but on a issue that comes back could be bent on we alter most of the files and redone a bunch of them and the fix depending on what it is the we put that back where it was and the stupid thing moved again. Happens in all the games I play we once fixed this and now it’s back but hey it’s a game not a physical living being or a table made of wood that very easy to maintain as I’ve done game development and that’s not as easy or simple as most think even if it’s fun to watch a bug that very funny and you leave in cause it’s funny like the game I’m a goat and dev team said is has mass bugs but we not going to fix cause we like em :crazy_face::star_struck::face_with_raised_eyebrow::partying_face::triumph::pensive::confused::slightly_frowning_face::triumph::confounded::smirk::worried::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::cold_sweat::cold_face::weary::unamused::exploding_head::scream::fearful::angry::unamused::nerd_face::sunglasses::partying_face::confounded::triumph::angry:

That doesn’t explain why I am being smiled at in the stream because I asked why the rhinos continue to fly after 3 years.
it is funny the first time
i don’t deny that pve is the majority of people i just said that the game is becoming more and more to the disadvantage of pvp players.

i rather prefer a game that has reached its peak and when expansions are coming, not after the crowd that might cause problems.

the other thing i forgot to mention is that the game is very admin unfriendly players with some special characters in their ID can not be watched via “viewplayer” because it is possible to work around this and some special characters do not work in the console.
is it so hard for funcom to implement things that work like mod “pippi”? -> i had to fix my post because patches will make problem i forgot

It is not a bug, it is a “feature” at this point and I can’t believe that after 3 years people still haven’t accepted it as part of the game. There are much bigger problems to solve than waste time on fixing flying rhinos. If you truly are a pvper, you should know that.

1 Like

Hey Narelle,
i never said that there are no major problems i just named a few bugs i would now write every bug here that would go beyond the scope.
i named a “problem” what i know lasts the longest

Curious on when there are plans to fix the issues with FLS DDoS’ing local networks?

I cant wait when there will be text ““Removed Journey step -Defeat mummy of the ring”” after 3 years? :smiley: