Textures Cycling Between High, Low & Off

Ok that is definately concerning @Tselem and @sestus2009. Thanks for following up guys. Im going to add that into the ‘Crashes’ thread with the other known issues.

I play on ps4, on an official PVE-C server as well a private server. I get the blank warning window every time I exit the game regardless of server. I’m not getting any abnormal crashes or behavior outside of that warning window so I haven’t paid it much attention.

This has been happening since the update (RoH)

1 Like

Official PVP server, External HD.
I have noticed the texture shifts as well lately. I will pay more attention to when, but I think it usually happens after a long play time > 3 hours. PS4 is well ventilated and “clean” of dust.

1 Like

@Tselem - Interesting, maybe concerning, but since the last Dec 5 patch, I am also seeing that same “Warning - blank black box - OK (x)” but just when I log off sometimes. It does seem a bit ominous… like what am I missing?

2 Likes

@Catspaw first time I saw the Warning thought ps4 Conan-Exiles servers had been hacked. And it was after a freeze on my server.

1 Like

Things are getting worse day by day, camps are not loading. I mean… currently now (real NOW) I’m standing in front of a nordheilmer tower where is should be an aesir camp.
There is nothing… and I’m not saying that there is no nordhailmerian, I mean there is nothing: no hut, no bonfires, no fences, nothing… only the (texture cycling) terrain.
I’m not in the admin mode (I keep it turned off 'cause I think it speeds up the degradation), I’m offline basic game.
This is truly a memory issue.

Honestly I do not know how it is that every patch/upgrade of the game it really breaks it down more, sometimes I have the feeling that Funcom fired up one of the original engineers of this game and current ones do not have “all the key” to work on it.
(Something like it happened on the WWE2K20 edition)

1 Like

Update: another camp is missing (the following nordhailmer towercamp) but it materialized suddendly after a couple of minutes, basically they ambushed me with a ninja village trick ^^

“Aaah so they’ve killed you in the name of Atali! ah ah ah”

Nope: 'cause they materialized yes, but forgot their equipment somewhere in the Void, so they’ve been slained with no risk by my T1 Lvl 3 spider (LOL)

1 Like

Hey there @Phloid, @WhatMightHaveBeen and @Catspaw. I have complied a list of known recent issues in the thread below, you all are welcome to have a read or add your own two cents if you would like.

1 Like

Well… I don’t know how to understand this particular Texture Cycling bug anymore. So far I always assumed that it was due to admin mode. I could play the game just as normal, but I knew that as soon as I entered admin or map teleport, the textures would start cycling and getting progressively faster/worse. Yesterday they’ve came to a halt. It was on low, permanently. Mostly everything that is wooden. I turned it off and went to sleep.
Today as I log in, this bug doesn’t even wait, it just starts straight of the bat, cycling textures. I didn’t even move, nor teleported, nor entered admin mode. It’s really eye straining and headache inducing.
Kinda losing hope here. And with Xmas season, I honestly don’t see a fixing patch until after new year. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Yeah Ive had similar experiences. Like yourself I have tried to identify and isolate the the root causes of it. But just when I think Ive got it nutted out it throws me a curveball. It seems to be a sporadic/chaotic thing. So you are not the only one who is having it kick in at any given time.

I think I can say that the texture cycling and loading environment are boosted up by opening the admin panel, or easier by simply accessing to it (permission granting seems enought to enable the bug without even ever opening the admin panel).

The bug will show up anyway but the admin/permission’s issue definetly encourages the bug. Only partial solution is to close the game completely (not going on sleeping mode PS4) and re-opening it.
Still the issue will come up but maybe it will delay half an hour or maybe one hour.

Overgrown bases (in object density at least) creates more chances for the bug to show up, of course we all know that “building a lot” it’s a large problem but no one of us want to talk about it, 'cause we all fear a building cap even if we all know it should definetly be applied (more thing you have, even on small base, the more loading-lagging you have).
We love the game for the freedom to build/make… but it’s an heavy thing, and with no-perfect (cough coff) optimization bugs and issues spread wildly.

Anyway, we’ll see in the new year if something can be done.
I didn’t play Conan these days (only opened for my personal “Mang’s issue”) and that was bad: having holiday is a good period to play extensively but…
Hope brighter things for the future.

1 Like

I am experiencing the exact same issue with the same details as described by Croms_Faithful. It feels to me like the PS4 is struggling to handle the software. Was something changed in the operational ‘overhead’ the hardware must process in the last patch?
I also believe that this may be a symptom of building too big. However, my current base is not any larger than I have built in the past. The missing textures thing is new. If I restart the game it helps for awhile. I’m glad to have seen this reported somewhere else- I was ready to believe my PS4 is bogging down all on its own.

1 Like

Hi Jerry99, sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue too. It seems to be very widespread here on the ps4, and Im hoping the next patch will sort it out for us.

Im not sure if this falls into the category of operational overhead which you just described (Im not very knowledgable tech wise), but I do know that they somehow changed the way the game renders on consoles in order to make Mounts possible on them. If anyone better versed on this sort of thing feels they can better explain it, then by all means jump in. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes I have found this also. I have done no additional building at my main base since the Mounts update. I have had relatively few crashes in the past, only a handful of them. However, I am now having them almost every time I play. However, as myself and Tselem have said, it feels like the Admin Panel somehow worsens this, or ‘helps them along’.

Jerry99 I have also compiled a list of other issues which have emerged since the recent patch. I encourage you to have a look in the below thread, and let us know if you are experiencing any others on its OP list.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.