The future of PvP in SWL

That’s really the thing. I don’t think PvPrs (at least speaking for myself) are wanting any major PvP overhaul. For me currently I just want something where I can be able to log into the game and enjoy some PvP for a while instead of looking for groups to go farm the same dungeons and lairs that I’ve seen for the past 5 years. I personal feel that Fusang might be a wiser choice to introduce first in that it is more open to flexibility with the new skill system and less likely to get any negative feedback about balancing issues. Fusang would be a great testing ground for them. Don’t get me wrong El Dorado was always my favorite. I just know Fusang perhaps had one of the strongest fan bases.

5 Likes

All they would have to do would be changing the quest-rewards to fit into SWL and change the queue-mechanic into an equal distribution of players to three “Mercenary”-Teams (“A”, “B” and “C” for example). The balance of the population-problem would be solved, because players would be randomly assorted to one of the teams . Maybe additionally change some of the map-symbols to get rid of the factions (I assume they still don´t want factions in PVP and it would also benefit the balance of the teams) and that would be it mostly. I think the “equal footing buff” of Shambala did work in general so they could just reuse it for Fusang and adjust it if there are problems.

I have to agree better rewards would not suffice in truth for me to put myself through shamblah & ofc again i agree Fusang the only "perpetual " pvp zone would be of most interest to me thats where the epic stuff used to happen there & in ED which was my personal favourite . I still remember the lumies screaming at Drenneth for teaching them a lesson by planting the relics near the steps because that is what they had done so many times to try & win the match my god the hypocricy lol so funny, a taste of their own medicine always did the trick , but some things will never change i.e never trust a lumie or a dragon unless that lumie is me or that dragon is Withoutscratch lol :wink:

But i agree with basically everything you have said Synapse.

2 Likes

1 million % behind what you wrote - i’ve said the same myself over and over, even back in TSW when things were being changed. These are core values of the PVP i want to see back here in SWL if ever they get going with it again.

Unfortunately for us, and to be truthful, it’s also unfortunate for Funcom that they don’t have PVP as their focus or attention for the time being.

I do believe tho that while they might not have that full backing from whatever department that might be, they could possibly have it in them - with enough reason, support and evidence - be persuaded to tweak parts of the only existing form of PVP that they chose or were allowed to bring?

I’m guessing in ways their hands must be tied in some aspect, but could they be more perceptive of a smaller request such as tweaks, hotfixes as such - to Shambala? What would work? There has to be something they can do - I know it’s a huge ask when i want Fusang, ED and SH back again - there is clearly a major factor why it can’t feature at the moment or in the near future.

I’ve often suggested a tweak to the losing side of the rewards - as currently its same win/lose and i don’t think it should be. But thinking upon the smaller things like that which could make what they have better - Would the removal of the time limit of shambala make it more of a persistent zone, you’ve got then what… a fight club with tricks? Should the element of weather be removed? Could an objective be added into it easily? To add another aspect - could you be able to choose which side you enter on AND have random selection? All those things i think are small tweaks -
i’m not a coder or programmer nor do i understand how it’s done or the time frame its done in - but to me - my brain says those should be simple, easy small things to do.

just throwing it out there.

1 Like

What E level of chest? Can the chest be blue? Are we talking Boss 6 chest or boss 1?

Concur…when everyone has the agent, Shambala will die like fire in a vacuum. Putting things you can only get from one location like that is generally a bad idea.

You can put few agents as achivements reweard for number of player kills and won matches, which is longer shot.

And anything is better than current situation btw.

That actually proves the bad idea point.

Well, unless the idea behind TSW’s broken too good reward Shambala signets actually was to supply some suit with statistics that ‘prove’ it’s the most popular kind of PvP to provide them an argument for cutting all other PvP modes else from the relaunch…

Conspiracy theory!

3 Likes

Thats what I am saying all the time! sigh

1 Like

Adding anything “special” to PVP (i.e Agents, Signets etc) that can only be obtained via PVP is bad - WE learned that from TSW - you have to expect that FUncom will not have learned from it.

The minimum special items that are acceptable in my view are the PVP ranked outfits.

1 Like

Well, i also see no problem with getting normal quest rewards in there so that you can progress your gear via PVP.
But i agree it should indeed be nothing exclusive or special in any way besides something like the Rank-Outfits.

1 Like

Now that i had never even considered but looking back now that is more than plausible , i would not be the least surprised if you were right! statistic manipulation to suit an already set in stone agenda yeah lol

Something you mentioned in conversation Drenneth & not here in the forum was the reintroduction of the Chronicle now that i feel would appeal to the pvp’ers & more importantly the more competitive players as an incentive to play the zone. i know my own place within the chronicle shallow as it may seem & the body count of lumies & dragons that i tallied was an extra bonus other than pvp’s own reward which is just simply playing pvp.
but it all comes back to the same point, does funcom care enough for retaining their playerbase or encouraging them to play the zone to make any adjustments however small to it?
there are alot of idea’s being tossed around some good some bad , but the same conclusion keeps eating away at me & that only confounds when i look at the state of the current game & that is that SWL is disposable , solo orientated in content & it’s shelf life has an expiry date.

1 Like

Setting up Shambala to look good for SWL while TSW was still being actively developed is quite a conspiracy theory.

1 Like

Oh the chronicle! Where’s Kaidance? I’m certain she would have something to say on the topic :slight_smile:

As vain as it may seem I checked that chronicle every day. It was like an achievement system that never ended. It was also a reminder of some of the great PvPrs that had come and gone in the past.

I don’t personally need much incentive to do Shambala. As much as I dislike it I’m still qued almost all the time I’m online in case it pops. The only reason I favour incentives in pvp at all is that I don’t see the outcome changing without them in place. I completely agree with there being more incentive to win also. I feel like incentives are what draw a crowd, and even though 90% of that crowd may not end up giving a **** about PvP there is still 10% that fall in love with it and learn to enjoy it simply for what it is.

1 Like

That’s what I said. Literally.

But it’s Secret World, so Everything Is True! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Well she is here but for some odd reason she has changed Kaidance to a lumie lol the mind boggles , but i shall ask her actually it seems our time together in team blue with her as Neana has made her favour being a lumie ,i guess she completely ditched her Temp & yes the Chronicle was such a great reminder of amazing players who came & went , but i second what you say if even 10% fell in love with pvp that in itself would be what i call a result :slight_smile:

Please take the time to make a presence for PvP on this thread.

4 Likes

Done :wink: /15 Chars

Hell yeah!
15chararsrsra