The PVE Builder

How big is big as you talk about? we still need spase for the tempel, crafting station, loot and a living spase. + some outposts

They have 2 bases,i mark around with ‘’?’’

So what?

Im not talking to you.This wos for Masmassu

Sure, but even in a public forum, it’s pretty normal to answer someone’s question directly. @Masmassu asked @Tera a direct question, and @Tera answered it just as directly. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Come on, dude, let’s not pretend that this whole discussion doesn’t have a whole bunch of context that we’ve gone over in this thread and others.

What @Tera posted is an example of a massive build, in terms of territory claimed. I agree that this doesn’t make it a problem per se, but it’s definitely a “smell” to build like that on a shared PVE(-C) server.

And by “smell”, I mean a sign that things might not be okay. By itself, it’s not really enough to draw any conclusions, but I’ve seen way too many “I don’t give a crap for the server or anyone on it” builds that look like that or similar.

3 Likes

And he’s reported what he THINKS is a TOS breaking construction, supposedly along with others. Also indicates they’ve been answered by Funcom, and it would be investigated.

Based on previous posts, it’s hard to discern whether it’s an actual TOS build problem or just a player being cranky because they don’t like it. And I’m leaning towards the second option.

We’ve all seen builds we loathed and most of us just continue on our way rather than pitching a fit about it.

But if we take a look at the map posted, and take Tera at their word (sure - a map is not proof - Funcom would need more, but this is just a discussion) then it is hard to imagine the base not being a TOS violation. The southern one appears to encompass the Executioner’s Entrance, Mitra’s Serenity, a world boss croc and possibly also a couple of camps and maybe even the Arena entrance. And appears to cover an area of around two full map squares. Assuming that’s accurate, I’d be pretty angry just from someone blocking off the Executioners Entrance, let alone all the other stuff as well. And it seems to fit the definition of a TOS violation in that case.

1 Like

They not block.Just cover all that area by sandstone foundations lines.New rules cover 3 points-blocking,landclaim and performance.So violation of land claiming.And im not angry on them-just think they must remove that scrap.But most players on global chat think need just ban and no other option

1 Like

And there you go, you answered your previous question about what business of @Tera’s it is where and how other people build their bases.

Yeah, but what business is it of yours what people report? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m joking, of course. But on a more serious note: we really don’t know if this build breaks the TOS or not. @DanQuixote already pointed one of the ways this could be breaking the rules. I can think of others. I’m sure you can, too.

I’m not saying we should side with either “side” here, but maybe give both sides the benefit of the doubt?

To put it simply, there are rules that can be enforced, and then there are things that are problematic even when they don’t break the rules. Each one of us faces a personal choice as to what they will do about any of these things.

If you’ll pardon the metaphor, some people will stop going to a park that’s strewn with used condoms and needles, others will try to do something about it. To each their own.

Yeah, if that’s true, that’s textbook foundation spam and it’s against the TOS. Reporting it is justified, but I wouldn’t hold my breath for quick results.

2 Likes

I play on PVP servers but I love building helpful little camps and private little cottages in scenic areas. Sure, many of them decay from neglect but a few get used(and abused) at times. It’s fulfilling sometimes when I see some possible noob use a firepit I set up, or pulls a Gravedigger from a weapon display I purposefully left in reach xD simple pleasures

Yes,in pvp server you can.But some of them is totally claimed by one clan.Go to 1069 and you see

1 Like

A ok yes. depends on how its build but the one up in N seams an ok zise for a main base but the other seams fill whit a purpus spec when its so close to the other.

1 Like

And finally all its gone.That big landclaim with base,another base near Asgard with blocked lake.And even small outpost.Looks all clan buildings is destroyed

5 Likes

So, i really did not want to come back to this rotten discussion but tonight my Discord is on fire because apparently there was some solid wiping action performed on #1040.
Facts:

• Some of these guys had huge bases. Really beautiful and elaborate though, and they were all part of a very nice community,
  • None of them ever had the slightest bad intention in building their bases (on the contrary),
  • everyone is aghast that their whole buildings disappeared WITHOUT EVEN A WARNING. The remaining players are wondering if they are going to be next. I will let you figure out what a good publicity it is for the game,
  • If those guys had knowledge of some building limit and/or a warning, they would have downsized their stuff, thats for sure.
    Now for the judgy individual who will tell me that I’m hanging with the wrong crowd: I’m defending these guys even though I hated their buildings. Those nice castles are the reason why I left the server even though the community was fantastic. I like empty maps. I just feel like it is really idiotic and not fair to wipe them without giving any sort of warning. And its really not helping the game to do it in that way right now. It is clumsy and unprofessional.
5 Likes

Yes its a big mistake to not war players!

Most waitong for DUNE and keep play during the time!

Now when they get wiped whit no warning and Q on reason they get anoyed.

Then they will not come back to DUNE, …

I won’t josh or jab you in the future, so you keep on being noble. This is what the community needs, and I personally thank you for being objective.

3 Likes

I have a question, but before asking it, I would just like to reiterate that I agree with you that Funcom should warn people before wiping them if it isn’t an obviously malicious build.

That said, I’m curious: how was the performance before the wipes and how is it now after the wipes?

5 Likes

we have had some wiopes on my server but cant say inte mutch of a diferens.

Im not sure about server performance .But i play on that sever.And know one base wich wos destroyed.For me in that area wos so laggy.Btw in rules is sayd"affecting performance- both(server and client sides)".

1 Like

I am getting tired of people making a huge deal over the rules, claiming ‘If I only knew’ or stating ‘Man, they didn’t even give me a warning.’ This is utter non-sense, the rules never changed, they were simply rewritten to make it more clear. Funcom posted these rewritten rules in the forum over a month ago and every single person playing the game has to click ‘OK’ every time they log into the game, acknowledging the updated rules. How much more of a warning do they really need to give us?!

If I fly by a sign at 70-MPH, and was going too fast to read that the sign had a clearly posted speed limit of 45-MPH, does the officer owe me a warning when he pulls me over? Of course not! Funcom has given TOO MANY warnings, it’s about damn time that they start cleaning up their servers.

Having a beautiful or elaborate base does not (and should never) make you immune to prosecution. By your own admission:

I feel confident that Funcom did not wipe their bases out of spite as some would have you believe, they were likely causing degradation to server performance. Someone else said it best, a good question to ask yourself regarding building size is: Can everyone else on the server build as big as I have, without a significant hit to the server performance?

Exactly!

3 Likes