We have Bronze Coins coming too..!?

I know what you mean. When I first happened upon them the excitment was paramount to discovering a diamond. Much like on Skyrim, I seem to be obsessed with coin and profiteering. And treasure in general. :crown:

1 Like

Fixed the post.

To clarify,

1 Like

So can you confirm if they were definately part of his RP additions, or are you not entirely sure at this point? (Im clutching at the straws of hope here)

I can’t say if everything they have added was purely for RP.

Forwarded to Rob and he says the Bronze Coins are. If you need to know it for any other items let me know.

1 Like

Nooooooo…!! I might turn this into a formal Suggestion in the near future. Thankyou for clearing that up for me.

I am curious if there is actually a full list of the items he added on the wiki, or anywhere else for that matter? Its no big deal if there isnt.

See also Anyone can contribute to the wiki - Help editing, translating or give feedback! - May 2019

In Stream he made it clear on a few of them a RP items, Ignas mention a few were RP items to like Gods Tokens with no use.

At anytime thou… they could give them a use. =D

I think some people are always just lurking admin panel, and tend to assume “new item” = has a use sometimes. =/
As a Hoarder… I’m like Ahhhhh!!! I need few more storage spots in my house for this stuff. XD

1 Like

They need only add NPC vendors, and that will be the rise of the copper coin from a roleplaying toy, to an engine of commerce, but then PvE being a mod of PvP, that will never happen.

Been playing Fallout 76 again lately, visiting player bases and their beautifully arranged vendors. It’s quite a cool experience.

Also been playing DayZ lately, hosting my own server, so effectively playing singleplayer, while waiting for SCUM to release female characters and Conan Exiles to add some fun game-play features that don’t involve star metal cosmetics.

ARK’s in a state of stasis at the moment, without any new expansions in sight. sigh First world problems.

1 Like

That is what I am now beginning to to hope, and make an impassionate plea for. I have desired to see Conan Exiles acquire some more Merchants and trading options for sometime now, not to mention some more treasures as loot, as opposed to resources and gear. Furthermore, if it is well balanced it will not eliminate the need for gathering.

This I do not understand. Can you elaborate a bit here Halcyon?

Funcom please make Bronze or Copper coins a new denomination of in game currency.

1 Like

Yeah I noticed the God insignias hey Sera, and immediately thought they were a placeable. :laughing: Actually it would have been neat if they were. And for the record and am now genuinely hoping that they will be given a use =D. Even beyond the obvious trading and benefits, they could also be used as ingredients for Placeables. Or placeables themselves. For example, for some reason I have always felt that Bronze statues have more character than steel or gold ones, weird I know, but I just do. Not only that, but Copper/Bronze pots, ornaments, trimmings you name it.

Whenever I see new items in the admin panel, although I like to look, I am usually hesitant to touch them. Mainly because I like earn things honestly through combat and exploration, but that is just me. And I really dont like to mess around with unfinished features. For example the Circlet, Anklet and Earing molds, which I am told are actually functional. But I havent been game to try them.

Ohh me too! If it is unique, valuable, or I dont have one yet I must collect and hoard it. I like to have at least a full stack of each item/resource too.

Well, PvE is a subset of PvP, otherwise the following features would have existed already:

PIN containers.
Alliance system & radius building rights.
Alliance buildings.
Player owned vendor NPC’s.

But such systems aren’t conducive to conflict, thus not worth implementing because CE is designed for griefing… ehr… I mean PvP.

Ill ‘hum’ and ‘err’ about the reasoning here. Ultimately it exists and is there to be enjoyed, that is all I need to know.

However this I will NOT buy into. Such features, could well be on the drawing board, but they are just too busy with other matters. Case in point; look at how many calls we’ve had for Armour Display Racks/Mannequins, and theyre still not here yet.

The point Im getting at here, which also overlaps with my argument for Bronze/Copper coins is this. Just because something is not conductive to PvP, it doesnt mean that it holds no value and is not a worthwhile feature, especially if its implementation is relatively simple. PvP only constitutes one third of the play modes. We still have two others, ie-PvE and Singleplayer, who would benefit from this and the immersion it would create. Dozens of us have been calling for a deeper and more immersive trading system, and this is one step in that direction. We already have Gold and Silver coin merchants, this is just a natural extension of that.

1 Like

I agree, theres a decent PVE and RP crowd. Even those who play mostly or only singleplayer who want stuff to.
Not everything has to have a PVP reason. XD

1 Like

Singleplayers and unofficial players already get to enjoy all we officials have always wanted.

I have yet to see any indication that they have ever implemented any exclusively PvE-centric interactive game mechanic feature that is not subset to PvP.

The other way holds true - they have implemented many exclusively PvP-centric interactive game mechanics that are mutually exclusive to PvE such as trebuchets, gas traps, explosive traps, explosive boulders.

Decorative static meshes aren’t interactive game mechanics.

It’d stand to reason that PvE aught to get their own mutually exclusive game mechanic too.
But i haven’t ever seen any indication of that across all of the online multiplayer survival games I have ever played, with the exception of ARK’s alliance system, hair growth, haircut system and skin system.

That is my point.

The next major rework CE will get is the Siege rework.

Yeah sure, ill get behind any PvE tailored features. However as far as it being molded to PvP, I dont intend to debate the issue any further with you. This statement I made above is enough of an explanation for me.

I dont feel the need to question the nature of my reality on this one. :wink: Its there and I love it, that will do me. So either way buddy, I dont mind what was in mind when it was built. Its all good!

Ps- Funcom please…implement Bronze/Copper coins as a new as new denomination, and preferably with a couple of relevant new merchants in Sepermeru.

2 Likes

I remembered back in the EverQuest days it was wise to convert bronze into silver coins because they weighed something. Nice little nuance.

Also bronze coins make for good arrow heads smelted in a pinch.

Which does make one wonder about it’s value as a currency over it’s value as a cheaper substitute for iron.

In a world of survival silver and gold isn’t much use to the smith. But bronze…

Hm. Has it’s inherent value as a backup i suppose.

Cant say that I have ever played EverQuest Halcyon. To be honest this is my first survial game! Ordinarily I am a die-hard survival horror player, and only dabble a little here and there outside of that domain. But I have to say I am extremely inmpressed, and now considering purchasing The Forrest and DayZ. Although as we said in the other thread, some Bronze weapons (including arrows) would be great. It seem we just get to Iron level a little too fast personally. And…Bronze coins!!

1 Like

Yeah, it does feel like it’s a crazy jump from stone to iron, doesn’t it? Like… Where did the bronze age go? x)

I wouldn’t mind running around with a bronze gladius.

Dude, the Forest is awesome. DayZ even more so. I played DayZ 1.0 and half the content is missing, but even so the map is incredibly huge and beautiful. Spent 2 days trying to get a car, and once I did, it was quite a road-trip all over the map to get the rest of the cars spare parts settled lol.
Couldn’t find a jerry can, so I used my canteens to fill the car up with water and gasoline… just enough to get it to the closest oil station.

Felt like Mad-Max but in a beautiful european landscape.

Placed a large tent kit and spare supplies into the car, in search for the next military base to set up camp at. On a mission to find a power generator after I found a car battery charger kit :slight_smile:

DayZ has sooooo so so so many nuances. It’s like a RL simulator.

When you open a can of food with a knife, you spill 30% of the contents and damage the knife…

But if you find a can opener, OMG. Never has a can opener felt so valuable before.

That being said, I host my own server on the PC, then play on that (singleplayer) because I want to build a base and maintain a car without worry of any of that getting destroyed.

When driving a car you need to do manual transmission (i.e. swtich to lower gear before a hard turn),and a car crash can be fatal, so it feels so immersive. So… diegetic! Cuz you have to open the cars hub to swap parts, repair, and maintain (i.e. filling water into the radiator now and then)

Swap tires and doors, parts with newer ones found on wrecks etc… I think DayZ reallly picks up when u got a car… it’s a better road-trip simulator than a zombie survival simulator TBH xD

And you don’t have an in-game map. You will get lost without a compass in-game and a map on the second PC monitor.

p.s. I also highly recommend “The Long Dark” - Canadian wilderness survival in winter.
That game is so nuanced, you can tell from which direction a blizzard is coming by the direction the crows are flying in great haste. If caught in a blizzard, you won’t see jack… only the footprints you leave in the snow, slowly fading away, are your life-line to safety.

p.s.s. The Long Dark is on sale right now on steam 66% off x)

tries to hide a gaze from the moderators*
Do try Conan Unconquered though. It’s great fun too!
smiles gingerly *

I know Im getting off topic a bit her but to follow up. DayZ sounds really good from what you have told me. I love the sound of all the freedom to improvise which it offers. Although I have heard its a bit buggy. :ant: Do we know if Conan Unconquered is coming to console at a later date or not?

No, see the note on the wiki: https://conanunconquered.gamepedia.com/Conan_Unconquered#Notes