Xbox Patch (09.04.2020) - Vivox, Hannuman's Grotto and dashboarding fixes!

Greetings Exiles,

We’re incredibly excited to announce that we have integrated Vivox as the VoIP solution for Conan Exiles on Xbox platforms. This means that the in-game voice chat in game will now be handled by Vivox, resulting in a much more stable, reliable and overall better experience.
Along with this patch we’re also releasing a fix aimed to mitigate some dashboarding issues when starting the game and joining a dedicated server some players were experiencing, as well as a fix for the Hannuman’s Grotto issue and an exploit fix.

Thanks again for your ongoing support, and stay safe Exiles!

notes
performance

• Fixed an issue that would cause the game to crash to the dashboard upon joining a dedicated server.

exploits

• Fixed an issue that would allow players to build in a certain location.

general

• Hearts can now be exchanged for rewards at Hannuman’s Grotto again, as intended.

audio

• Implemented Vivox as VoIP in-game solution.

6 Likes

Typical. I downloaded the update and my official server #2509 is offline. Good job!

2 Likes

Have you intentional nerfed all improved benches or accidentally broke them? None of my improved benches - blacksmith, carpenter, firebowl cauldron, armor - will make anything useful now. Not exactly what I’d call an improvement. I can’t make shaped wood on my imp.carpenter bench, and I can’t make iron or steel reinforcements on the imp.blacksmith.
If this wasn’t intended - can you try to fix it quickly please! I don’t have the room to have two of every bench

Typical…release a patch… I login…dashboard… Tried the single player and that works…go back to online and dashboard…think ive dashboarded 6x now since this patch…welp hold the phone…just logged in…and dashboarded as I type this. You broke the game…you didnt fix it.

I’m noticing complaints when at first people were complaining about the grotto and other small things. Can’t we just be happy that a few things got fixed? One step at a time people. At least theybare working on it. I just wish recent and future updates brought more emotes and/or mount options. I wish we had a slightly larger weapon type category. But all that is for later dates or whenever they choose to address it. Be thankful they do listen, but don’t make every response a complaint. Nobody likes hearing/reading complaints constantly. Me personally, I say thank you for the time and dedication to the game that Funcom has put in. It means a lot to see a company listen to the fan base and try to provide. :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

I’m not happy that anything’s been fixed. My official server #2509 is still offline hours later. I went into my single player game to kill time and there are no harvestable items in that world. I have no food, so my guy will just starve and there’s nothing to fight to level-up or to get drops. I think if every response IS a complaint, then that says something about the game, not the players. What a piece of junk! There is no way I will ever spend any more money on your products.

1 Like

Clear y’alls cache and do a soft factory reset. If that still doesn’t fix the dash boarding on your end then oh well. Stop being whiny babies. Be grateful that this game even exists and remember it only does because of Funcom.

Once this new Xbox comes out at the end of the year like it’s supposed to… the changes will be incredible. And I’m willing to bet this is what Funcom is banking on as well, just waiting patiently for these new consoles and doing what they can to maintain in the meantime.

3 Likes

Try a yellow lotus potion some times the game can do that on a new patch also if you on official wait tell sever restart and see if that helps as it has in the past but it was proven a server issue in past though I’m not saying that it cannot be a bug to clarify but do let us know if that doesn’t work

1 Like

I thought I was crazy. I’ve posted everywhere I can think of to find out why it’s gone. I’ve played on it for 3 years.

No it’s not whiny to expect a product to work as its spose to. I constantly get disconnected, dashboard and experience terrible issues that would make me quit a lesser game. You lose everything in the event of your death in conan and when it’s from technical issues that makes it all the more frustrating. My advice stop claiming you fixed issues until you’ve proven you have fixed them. I had worse issues today after this patch than I’ve had since the last. If anything the problem has become worse with whatever you did this round. Other games dont have this issue and I suggest you get more qualified people in place with better understanding in the field to fix these persistent issues. I shouldn’t have to wait for November and buy a new platform for this to happen.

are you gonna stop playing though? did you stop playing? if you’re still playing then your bar is as low as mine and just want to complain instead of accepting the game for what it is. I accept it for what it is and I accept the fact that I have no control over these technicalities and that I also have limited knowledge in the general field of video games much less coding therefore having no right to say what funcom should or should not do much less judge them for what they do/do not do.

if you don’t like having to jump through hoops to play then don’t play simple as that. this game is a living entity. it will constantly change and evolve and bugs now will be fixed in the future and in the future there will be new bugs that we can’t even think of right now. it’s how these types of games work.

There are different crashes mate, most of my players dc regulary especially when alot of in and out of big bases
Xbox1x lasts a lot longer…

The bug they hope to have fixed is the one that requires singleplayer offline in order not to chaincrash on login.

Lagging or regular dc s after playing a bit is probably the same …

Actually I did stop playing…been on Atlas all day enjoying a game that works. And I have every right to complain when I’ve spent money on not just the game but every DLC so far and have been playing the game since beta. So when I spend money on a product i expect it to work. I knew there would be problems during the beta but after “official release” there shouldn’t be these problems. Not to mention they should not even called it the official release since there are still journey steps you can’t achieve that have been listed in the game since I started playing.

Don’t get me wrong. I enjoy the heck out of the game when I can play it. It just becomes more frustrating when I read the patch notes saying they fixed some of the issues with dashboarding then I try to play and am not able to. I literally loaded the game 8 times…8! And every time I loaded into the world within 5 to 15 seconds I get dashboarded.

Anyways back to atlas,
#EndRant

Will this update stop people from building inside dungeons?? Because that ruins the game, big time

1 Like

Scumdog, does doing sp offline fix it? If you crash regardless, you might just have another crash issue. Like a mate with xbox one x making a megabase that crashes everyone with a regular xbox on login :joy:

I tried that…didn’t work…haven’t tried to login yet today to see if it magically works yet. Maybe I’ll get to it later.

Update: got about 15 seconds in and dashboarded again…today is not looking to be much better I guess. Trying again now…

Update 2: and I’m still on…finally!

Ya I stopped playing because its unplayable lmao.

You should sell used cars. Give them nonsence logic like just change the spark plugs everytime before you start, if that dont work rotate the tires, if that doesnt start it try a new battery. Hey, it’s a cool car when it finally runs why are you complaining? Lmao why are you carrying water for such ridiculous logic. Ark does the same thing as conan on a larger scale with half the issues. It can be done better and as a paid product it should be done better than this. Stop apologizing for sub standard performance.

unplayable? that’s cool. me and my mates play every day for hours. I don’t know where you get the idea that its “unplayable”. good luck to you on ARK friend!

Its unplayable because I cant log on. Making the game unplayable. I mean I’m using plain simple English here.

1 Like