NO new hairstyles being planned per the livestream!

I used to be grateful that games don’t have a smell simulation built-in. Now I’m thankful the forums don’t, either.

2 Likes

Man, I really wish they would add more options for character customization. I really need to make this:

Pretty please Funcom? DON’T leave every little cosmetic addition to the modders. Mods are great and I love the folks who make them. But you really shouldn’t leave ALL the character aesthetics of your game on their shoulders!

2 Likes

Maybe it will be tied to this DLC lol.

• Debaucheries of Derketo Pack
    A new building piece. Where there are concubines and other servants that will give us make overs :slight_smile:

Seriously, I would like to see the hair, beard, and eye make up be editable for a fair price. Maybe have each Major City have 2 or 3 new versions each that you have to go there to get your hair did that way.

3 Likes

I sometimes wonder whether the problem isn’t that Funcom isn’t aware of what is wanted, but that the decision makers (budgeteers) are very unapproachable to “new” ideas that aren’t their own.

“The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. ” - Alvin Toffler

If I am being unfair with this statement, then I apologize, but this is the impression I currently have of Funcom. No offence.

6 Likes

I think it’s more that they need to see that it’s worth the time and money. This thread has a lot of support behind it, so it’s headed in the right direction. If they can approach the finance team/leads and say, “Hey, this thread on the forum has a lot of traction, they’re asking for whatever”, that has a lot of power behind it. If it’s just, “Hey, this random person posted that they want hairstyles”, and no one responds or likes the thread, it has no force behind it. It’s meaningless to someone that has to look at time and money invested.

That’s how I and a bunch of other roleplayers helped them realize that fixing VoIP was worth investing in. They just need to know it’s not one person wanting a feature. An entire community that buys their DLCs has a very loud voice.

1 Like

Which makes it even more baffling why a request for an armor mannequin and new hairstyles has been reverberated across several platforms and communities almost as much as sorcery and mounts have been, and still Jens conditioned “when there is enough interest we will do it”.

If Jens, one of our favorite quirky community managers, is not aware of the “interest” generated, i can only come to the conclusion that he actually knows there is interest, but is setting up the scene for a great push and putting the “interest” on the radar of the otherwise unapproachable or unimpressionable decision-makers who might watch the stream to “precide over their employees”.

The community managers we have are sharp. Nothing passes their radar, therefore I feel like they are sandwhiched between intrigue and duty and are pretty much discouraged to set a priority to any feature requests. I.e community managers are to remain neutral and manage feedback, not “process it”. Or in a more eloquent phrase: “Monitor requests, as opposed to emphasize the gravitas of a request.”

Jens was forwarding that emphasizing to us. Which we are doing right now. So I hope this gets through, cuz if this doesn’t then Funcom has an illiteracy problem.

3 Likes

It would seem that we currently have 3 seperate threads requesting more Hair and Beard styles, and the ability to Customise them and other aspects of our appearance during play. I am pleased to say that 2 of them both have over 12 ‘likes’ each.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d say this is something a lot of people would love to see!

2 Likes

I would love more hair styles. And better colour options would be nice as well. I would even be fine with an NPC who charges the in game silver coins to change your hair style or colour. And some pretty dresses like you had in Age of Conan.

5 Likes

Yeah a Barber at Sepermeru would be most welcomed. Another use for our money too as you said. More trading options in Conan Exiles can only be good.

2 Likes

I feel bad for those that cannot use mods. I am not much into games but I know some old ones that offer waaaaay more options to customize a character than a 2018 game, which sounds, well… whatever. I still don’t get why Funcom doesn’t speak with modders to include some of their incredible content into the base game, if it works as a mod, why not put it in as a feature and let everyone enjoy it?.

PS: Forgot, congrats Crom’s Faithful on the award! :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks @miodeleo. I was pretty shocked. It feels strange having won it, but its a good feeling.

1 Like

A MESSAGE FOR ALL MY BRETHEREN…

To any in this thread who support the idea of additional Hair and Beard styles and the ability to customise them, I ask the following. If you have not yet done so, I strongly urge you to also ‘like’/upvote Alexandria’s Original Post. Our numbers will speak a greater volume and hold more sway if we all present a single, united front which is clearly quantifiable.

So please friends…upvote Alexandria’s OP.

4 Likes

More Hairstyles, more Hairstyles!

We want more Hairstyles! And better old ones.

1 Like

Good call Croms Faithful. I have liked the post now as well. Funcom, get on this.

2 Likes

Thank you @Croms_Faithful! I know there have been a LOT of threads dealing with requests for more/better character customization in a lot of areas. Like the TERRIBLE static bodies we’re saddled with that they’ve said they have NO intention of expanding customization on. Which is terribly unfortunate. I literally know a ton of men who won’t play this game because the character models are so bad. It currently takes 3 different mods for me to create a male character I can stand to look at. LOL BUT…back to hair! Adding more hairstyles is actually a fairly simple thing they could do. Sure, it requires a good artist (and whoever did the originals IS good so I hope they still have access to this person!) and I would ABSOLUTELY buy a DLC that was dedicated solely to expanded character customization that had at least a dozen new hairstyles, tattoos (as opposed to warpaints), more makeup options, and SCARS! And a good selection of light armor designed as CLOTHING. Seriously FC, TAKE MY MONEY!

5 Likes

Voted as I read Alexandria’s first post. Now, show me a post with more likes than Alexandria’s first?. Funcom devs, take note.

Oh, and all Alexandria said on this last post, is already done with mods, a quick look at the workshop is more than enough to realize it is way beyond possible, it HAS already been done, just not implemented in game.

2 Likes

I’d definitely want more hairstyles! Generally more character customization would be amazing to see and it would help the Roleplayers a lot, and any content in CE that helps Roleplayers, I am interested about! :smiley:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.