Public Beta Client- Age of Heroes Chapter 1 Update Discussion Megathread

Concur, this is the buggiest mess Funcom has ever released. I’ve been with the game since EA and with over 8K hours in and host 2 servers (exiled lands and siptah), and have never experienced being confined to barracks (e.g. my base) as I can’t leave it without a fatal error. Siptah plays okay, but as of today, in the exiled lands, all of my thralls have disappeared except one cook - all the rest have vanished even though they still show up as assigned to their station.

Well, some of them I assigned, but somehow have carpenters assigning themselves to the blacksmith, and just all around they’re doing what the feel like…evidently, today is either a vacation day or a mass walk out without the picket lines. They could have fallen through the floor, like some of my dancers, but who knows?

Can’t play this mess. Hoping Funcom decides to fix this mess with a patch; but I’ll not hold my breath, even the patches are dangerous to game play.

Later all, I guess I’m returning to Moria after all…

I was totally sure of this beconing a Mess, as soon as they announced it.

Noe imagine this running on officials servers and imagine it running on consoles…

They need to take a step back. And rethink the Settlement system.

This is going to hurt them more than they probably think

They should have left crafters alone. Just update animations. Add roaming to fighters/archers/bearers/ performers using emotes.

As mentioned. They are building something on a flawed foundation, they have not fixed pathing. And many other issues reported.

@den love the conpanions idea. But please do not force people into this Settlement system. It is buggy, not functioning , its not working , and it is causing all types of issues.

Thank you

1 Like

If I could I’d buy some one lunch for going above and beyond doing bug reports.

Kudos Kikigirl.

Now why hasn’t a funcom rep acknowledged said bug reports. They sure seem hot to close threads and tell people to use the bug report fast enough.

@caroll are we going to get any hot fixes soon?

2 Likes

US public beta servers reset at 4pm central

while I was in the dregs, with a thrall. woot :unamused:

Thanks!

All reports have been acknowledged today by @HighSaint , saint indeed.

3 Likes

I have lost a few T4 thralls,always with the wheel finishing were the taskmaster is.
It doesn´t matter,there are many and not so dificult to catch,is just curiosity about “why” or “what” and things like that.
I have found a T4 thrall above wheel of pain construction at wheels direction,where the wood is.
I found a T4 worker inside wheel and some T3 workers and warriors too.
Sometimes thralls appears at list but no at map.Sometimes they are not listed not spoted.
Usually you can not rescue them,your thralls is not found.
Today i have get and tame a T4…by the way,cool archer.
Wheel at taskmaster direction…appears on list but not on the map,tried to rescue him…and…WTF,WTF,WTF…surprise…he is been rescued…but he was just in the middle of the map.G-9,down to the south west of lake at Nordheimer or Vanir Camp.
From the center of the wheel aligned with the taskmaster is just in a straight line to the thrall spot at the center of the map,well,G-9.
Is where i find yesterday one T3 thrall,i haven´t go to that place untill i tried to get the thrall back.
He was from a cage,probably i let the new thrall without place him,don´t remember,just click “don´t follow” option,i´m not sure.
Today the new T4 archer is at the same place or near it.
I was thinking to go there but first i have rescued another T3 thrall taken from cage that was sitting very long from my camp.
Archer has dissapear from map.
WTF,WTF,WTF.

A

Another bug,if you try to divide stack when you have opened companion inventory,sometimes starts to make weird things…can not drop down things,can not divide…and other things…i can not explain.
If i found something clearly notificable,i will send a BUG ticket…by now is something extrange.

I forget to say that it was at second pic,in that position near to task master i could get back the thrall.
Other tries i was in different place or out the construction.

ahhhh maaaaaan
I got the battleye bounce

Had to give up. Did finish the witcher{?} event in the volcano. Got blood a sacks yea :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Heya Exiles!

Just passing by to let you know we’re checking the feedback being sent.

A few points I can share with you regarding the wheel of pain and missing thralls:
It is a bug and we are already investigating it. They shouldn’t be spawning outside of the wheel or “fleeing” (vanishing) afterward. If you have more information or would like to contribute to the investigation please share it in this thread here.

Workers in spontaneously DBNO state are being looked into.

Jailors taking the spawn place of named NPCs is not intended and we will verify where Dalinsia and the others went! :sweat_smile:

For the Companions quests some Localizations might not be fully implemented yet. But we’re working on getting them done for the full release.

We heard your thoughts on the Companions waiting time:
The Companions have a journey to pass through heavily lore-based, their stories are the main focus and it’s intended that the timer takes longer than other activities in our Lands.
With that said, we might tweak the timer a little bit before the full launch. This is not a promise though. But be sure we will evaluate and weigh your comments with the design we had in mind for this activity.

As for the latrine vs. dung ideas…well…we’re…discussing it o.o

Also, here’s some housekeeping regarding bug reports:

1. Please report them in the Public beta section of the forum. Here in the Megathread is a bit messy to follow up and they might fall through the cracks.
  2. Make sure to check the Public beta section of the forum for an existing thread for the bug you would like to report and add the information as a comment.
  3. And if you can’t find any ongoing discussion, please submit a new post so our team can request more info and follow up on it.

We appreciate your presence in our forum Exiles! Let’s keep improving our Lands together! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Dear @Caroll , This update is a Mess. I do hope you guys do not dare to send this to public as we SEE it now. Can we expect hotfixes here or not ? It Will be Smart to have US test fixes here before going live with untested build or with the ones here.

Thralls has ai issues, pathing issues , wich only is going to get worse on official servers. Some of them seems too strong for they roll , some Even have higher damage multiplier than some purges fighter thralls.

About the Settlement:

Bases looks deserted unless it is a tiny place. Benches are normally empty ( yes there are bonuses, bit really looks empty) they get stuck all the time. They ocassionally don’t use chairs or beds right.

Why is a cook working as a blackmsith ? Or a alchemist as a tanner or arnorer? They should respecto their profesions

Please do consider the posibility of adding a cosmetic inventory thralls slot to benches , so we can have some control on using those as decoration. Just to add life , . Because it does look ugly right now. or have then show up in th bench if one is in the inventory of such benches. (as decorations,) for this you dont need to change how crafters are woking with this update, but will allow some flexibility in how we manage the places so they do not loook empty.

1 Like

wc daumen hoch

I have another question on my mind. Are there plans for players to have access to the new Thrall animations? Be it through interaction with an object (bed, hearth or forge) or otherwise? I think it’s such a shame that we always have to rely on mods for such elementary things. :pensive:

1 Like

It’d sure be nice to have some variations.
Something along the lines of:

Attend Station (Busy)
Attend Station (Idle)

Sitting on chair (Converse)
Sitting on chair (Nonchalant)

Lying on bed (Spread Eagle)
Lying on bed (Foetal Position)

Alongside their regular already present animations/positions.
That said, it might be a lot of work and if anything like that gets introduced it’d mostly be a bazaar pack.

Heck, even just having access to the regular emote wheel for them to default to an emote at a station would be nice.

Speaking of bug reports, I think many of us have the same question: what will be done with them? The wording of the previous explanation focuses on post-launch updates and fixes. At a glance, there are several high-impact bugs in the newly introduced systems (living settlements and companions) currently reported in the public beta forum:

Will any of these be considered critical enough to be fixed before the launch, even if that means delaying the release?

8 Likes

I tink time between each steps is good as it is now, maybe make an option in server settings to change it on private, but I think it is good like this.

I actually like the idea of thralls fleeing from the wheel if no body is around it gives more reason to get a taskmaster.

1 Like

Thank you for this update.

Some questions:

Are we to follow the guidelines pinned here? If not, is it possible to have updated guidelines posted and pinned for this and future Betas?

For bugs in general it was instructed recently to post duplicates because it can help to be seen? I can’t find the comment by Community about this and I might be wrong about the instruction but this is what I’ve been following. Why is it different for Beta?

I really like the direction the age is going in, however, I do have a criticism of the 2 defensive powers of our companions. I think that there is a little immersion breaking with how the abilities are visually implemented. While I am not as attached to the “no high fantasy elements” portion of Conan, personally. There are players who have that as a concern, and I think not addressing how that might conflict could cause issues moving forward.

There are some mechanical issues with collision (doorways are murder when those pop), but that is more of an acute problem. If there is a desire to incorporate some of the elements of “high fantasy” while not breaking the immersion, I recommend my earlier suggestion of adding Xolti to the religious pantheon (along with Dagon, he seems to be a natural fit to expanding the current lineup). While I understand there might be some discussion on updating the religion system (personally, I like the religion system as is, and would prefer that any changes come with a toggle in Gportal when using a private server at the minimum), I think it would be ok just to add more religions for now, and focus on updating the religion system later.

As far as the effort in creating a new avatar, keep in mind it is possible to create a class of “minor gods” that don’t have to have all the bells and whistles of the current system (they don’t have to be selectable at start [though I do think the Spirit of the Great Bear should be]). It is possible their avatars, if any [I don’t think the Great Bear would have a religious building if added, nor an avatar, for example], are significantly toned down (more for RP anyway).

So, if the goal is to add more elements of “high fantasy” with the abilities, that is where I would go. OTOH, if this isn’t a new direction, then I would workshop the current visual display (the dome shape) to make it less “high fantasy” looking. I appreciate the hard work the team has invested in this new chapter and the game thus far.

@Caroll and team.

Can not drop or use things,something weird happens here.
I don´t know how it starts,maybe is me pushing other key,sometimes i push different key than needed in other things.
Maybe are two armour pieces,two hand pieces,or trousers.
It happens with taken things and new crafted things.
Sometimes if i craft more than one piece the bug appears.

Errrrrrm… one of my crafters randomly got poisoned while watching them. Poison icon above their healthbar, lost HP, then disappeared and regained back their health. There is nothing they could have drawn or be affected from to have received poisoning; no thrall pot, nothing in inventory, I didn’t use poison in any form and no one else online. Was so confused I didn’t grab a screenshot in time.

1 Like

Till I can test it again I made a maul golem a couple days ago. Usless.
Made a sword golem today, to eviscerate scorpions for ichor. Came off the bench a maul golem.

Going to be a bit before I can test this again. I’m out of iron.