Testlive Update (26.11.2020) - Update 2.2: Bug fixing, stamina and shield overhauls!

Why ?

Amidst so many actual problems, why remove features that make the game more fun and pleasurable to play ? Like these above and the ability to teleport with the bound unconscious thralls

The game is supposed to be fun first, before any notion of it being “realistic” and serious, both karmic items are part of the gameplay and should remain as such, makes no sense to remove the ability

New archery bug: if you have 40 acc, make a full heavy to the target with bow who is charging heavy shot, he will be pulled back abit, but not a full knock downю

Shields work strange, sometimes it reflect and knock attacker, sometimes it is not… video is attached.

I have some time. I am updating my dev kit no (this won’t help, as @multigun said, with the test live version though). Guess I have an unemployment project in between interviews and AC Valhalla!!!

If I can get a good repeatable way, then maybe I can add it to wiki with @Jim1 help (i don’t edit on there very much myself)

Well, it was really the value column of the properties table. When I realized that the data in that column was binary blob data I just sort of threw up my hands at the whole idea of modding for Conan Exiles.

Like, I mentally ticked through all the different steps I’d likely have take to get to a point where I could do what I wanted to with that data and decided my time was better spent doing other things I’m interested in.

Apparently the bug report was about the chests that spawn in the Unnamed City, not the bosses (which Charoruk said, but I missed). Those chests are at 33% to spawn a repair kit. Not a Testlive change, this is in the current dev kit (2.1). The change could have occured in 2.0 (and its gazillion changes), or 2.1, or even earlier. But what is certain is that it wasn’t changed in this version of Testlive (2.2).

So to be clear, the original report was about the chests not receiving 100% spawn chance on legendary kits. This is not a bug (as far as I can tell), and is working as intended, and was not changed in 2.2 (Testlive). Other players (including me) then misunderstood, and thought the report was about boss drops. Unless a report comes in that boss drops specifically have been reduced, I will consider the matter closed.

4 Likes

I’ll continue to support the game for the time being, but I also disagree with this change. The Nemedian is supposed to be a special item with special properties. In fact Conan needs MORE of these items, not fewer. ( I mean by this more variety, but less quantity. Conan needs a wider variety of hard to get items)

5 Likes

AAAAAnnnnddd here we go :rofl: :man_facepalming: :wink:

1 Like

I hope we get some impact when blocking, this doesn’t look very natural

Hide the children, lock the servers, drop your weapons, he is here!!

2 Likes

A troll with a belivable story. The most dangerous combination :^)

Let’s stop derailing the topic even more. Whoever was trolling has received their suspension already. They already got more attention than they deserve.
Please. Let’s focus on the feedback about the patch.

14 Likes

Will point zero be corrected on the exiled lands? Which arrive from all over the map in one place?

Hello Exiles, we appreciate all the feedback that has been shared so far.
We’ve also just released a TestLive patch, further details and changelog below:

03/12/2020

Version 2.2.264624 released. Changelog:

• Fixed a number of crashes
  • Players can now trigger a dodge to interrupt healing wraps, but only 2.5 seconds into the animation. We are exploring this solution to give players some agency while not devaluing the commitment aspect of using bandages and their relationship to potions. We will continue to test and iterate on this
  • Fixed the maximum durability value of the following items:
    • Ancient Lemurian Shield (7500)
    • Ancient Lemurian Sword (1350)
    • Ancient Lemurian Trident (2100)
  • Reverted the previous changes to Karmic items as the change to these items was too drastic for the scope of this update, and we will address it properly in a future major update
  • Rebalanced the previous change to Yog’s Touch. This change is intended to bring Yog’s Touch back to a point where it offers a unique gameplay style for a 1 handed axe user without being completely overpowered compared to other 1 handed axes in its class:
    • Health Damage changed to 51
    • Armor Penetration changed to 28%
  • Buildings with updated pieces will no longer disappear after rejoining a session
  • It’s no longer possible to stack foundation when attempting to replace them
  • Fixed pathfinding issues non-playable characters were having in certain dungeons, vaults, and underground locations
  • Fixed an issue where certain larger creatures could get stuck in a persistent leashing state when trying to return to their spawn point
  • Followers should no longer enter a broken state if they are ordered to attack while their behavior is set to “Attack Nothing”
  • “Isle of Siptah” and “Exiled Lands” are now localized in the Map Name drop-down selection in the Server Browser
  • Pristine Khari weapons now grant a second bonus to attributes and have been restored to their original power-level:
    • Pristine Khari Bow
      • Health Damage remains at 20
      • Armor Penetration changed from 7% to 9%
    • Pristine Khari Sword
      • Health Damage changed from 45 to 49
      • Armor Penetration changed from 7% to 9%
    • Pristine Khari Daggers
      • Health Damage changed from 39 to 43
      • Armor Penetration changed from 15% to 18%
  • Fixed an issue that caused Thrall weapons and shields to take durability damage. This was due to an incorrectly flagged stat while making changes related to the shield revamp
  • Acheronian weapons have been restored to their original power-level:
    • Acheronian War-Axe
      • Health Damage changed from 33 to 45
    • Acheronian Spear
      • Health Damage changed from 31 to 43
    • Acheronian Longsword
      • Health Damage changed from 31 to 43
    • Acheronian Two-Handed Sword
      • Health Damage changed from 38 to 53
    • Acheronian Shield
      • Health Damage changed from 27 to 37
  • The Shield Rebound stun state should now trigger in PvE combat
  • Fixed a visual glitch on the large trees within the Jungle Biome
  • Crafter Thralls should no longer disappear from their Workstations upon session rejoin
  • Endowment, Chest, and Breast sliders are now accessible in the character re-customization through the Orb of Nergal
  • Changing the character’s race through re-customization no longer causes players to speak in animal tongues
  • “Antidote of One” perk should now be applied to the correct buffs
  • Fixed an issue that caused shields to not work properly in PvP
  • Fixed an issue that allowed healing items to be used without playing their animation
  • Modified Isle of Siptah music so it can be properly Modded
  • Re-balanced reward chances and costs of Eldarium recipes: players are now guaranteed a reward when delving an Eldarium item, but the costs of crafting them has increased roughly by 50%.

Known issues:

• Shields created before the 2.2 patch are not working properly, which is being investigated
  • The Nemedian helmet and Godbreaker boots have incorrect stats, this will be fixed in the next TestLive update
  • Daggers of Dagon was unintentionally changed from a legendary item resulting in lower stats. This will be fixed in the next update
  • Stamina regeneration rate for light, medium, and heavy armor is still in progress, we expect to have a more final version for the next update
24 Likes

@AndyB This seems to be broken, the above post has another reply and it is the post it is replying to :man_facepalming:

Awesome! Keep up the good work guys!

2 Likes

Missing change - “Hard worker perk is moved to its original position”

5 Likes

Thanks for listening to community feedback on the Karmic effect. :blue_heart:

12 Likes

Thank you so much for making these changes based upon community feedback.

8 Likes

For bandage changes, why not just make it dodgeable at any point, but weight the significant healing towards the back end of the buff/animation?

Like say 50% of the healing happens in the last 3 seconds or something.

Hell I might do that for my mod lol.

Also, I was one of the few people who was cheering for the Karmic changes. They were a gameplay nullifying, bad idea from the start, but, cheers to FC for listening to community feedback regardless.

2 Likes

I think it’s good that you don’t publish it too early. The cooperation with the testers shows that it works. I hope the path can be maintained.

1 Like